Whatever QB we take...

hornbybrown

Can we all prepare ourselves for it not being the QB we want. I want Baker badly, but if we pick Darnold he will have my full support. Those of you who like Darnold need to be prepared for it being someone else.

whoever it is let’s get behind him. Let’s trust what is a really impressive front office group, better than any of us could of hoped we would put together after a 0-16 season.

unless they pick Allen in which case I’m leading the charge with my pitch fork 

I agree with all but the last part, no matter what QB they draft, I will root for them to be a first ballot hall of famer, just like I did when they drafted Brady Quinn, he had my full support in hoping that I was wrong about him, I wasn't, but I still rooted for him.

Now I'm done :-)

I just don't see what everyone sees in Mayfield. I personally think he's a punk and am not a fan at all but if the Brown's draft him I don't really have a choice but to root for him. What's my other option? Become a Steelers fan? No thank you!

I don't care who they draft as long as they pan out, unlike what seems like 90% of our past draft picks. 

If we pass on Sam Darnold at #1, I'm going to lose my ever loving mind. If it's Rosen, I'll talk myself into it, as he's polished, accurate, and has a nice frame. If It's Allen or Mayfield, I'm going to take a longer hiatus than I took when we drafted Manziel, because I'll question how much this FO knows about the game and assume that Truckstop Jimmy has surrounded himself by a bunch of yes men.

I don't understand the hate for Allen, just like I don't understand the love for Mayfield.  In Allen I see all the physical tools, the work ethic, the desire to learn, and the big athletic body for the AFC North.  I also see someone who played in Laramie, Wyoming, so outdoor football in cold, inclement weather is nothing new..  For someone who will sit for a year, I see him as a truly viable option.  Mayfield will need a coach who knows how to scheme to his strengths.  I have seen no evidence that Huebris is willing or even capable of doing this.  Darnold has the physical tools and seems to have a tough mentality, but has professed unwillingness to work on his throwing quirks, which to me sends up a red flag similar to those I have for Rosen - southern Cal beach boys who's fame and success in that town has them thinking more highly of themselves than they should.  Screams uncoachable to me.

All that said, I echo the others in saying that, whichever QB they pick, regardless of my personal feelings, I will get behind and hope for hall of fame careers.  I hated the Weeden pick, but hoped for the best.  I DETESTED the Manziel pick, but hoped for the best.  Until the new QBOTF proves me right, I will hope I'm wrong.  Have to confess, I liked the Quinn pick.  That bastard proved me wrong.

27 minutes ago, Trots said:

I don't understand the hate for Allen,

He’s shown to be not good at actually playing football.

just like I don't understand the love for Mayfield.

He has.

In Allen I see all the physical tools, the work ethic, the desire to learn, and the big athletic body for the AFC North.  I also see someone who played in Laramie, Wyoming, so outdoor football in cold, inclement weather is nothing new.. 

He had all of these great physical attributes when he was Honorable Mention in the non power 5 Mountain West.

For someone who will sit for a year, I see him as a truly viable option. 

Does sitting a year make you good at football?  

Mayfield will need a coach who knows how to scheme to his strengths. 

How?  What can’t he do?

I have seen no evidence that Huebris is willing or even capable of doing this. 

No arguement here.

Darnold has the physical tools and seems to have a tough mentality, but has professed unwillingness to work on his throwing quirks

Why does he need to fix it?  What’s wrong with it other than it’s odd looking?

, which to me sends up a red flag

Youre the only one.

similar to those I have for Rosen - southern Cal beach boys who's fame and success in that town has them thinking more highly of themselves than they should.  Screams uncoachable to me.

Literally no one who has coached or worked with Darnold feels this way. Is there something you know the rest of the internet doesnt?

All that said, I echo the others in saying that, whichever QB they pick, regardless of my personal feelings, I will get behind and hope for hall of fame careers.

Yep.

2 hours ago, MWil23 said:

If we pass on Sam Darnold at #1, I'm going to lose my ever loving mind. If it's Rosen, I'll talk myself into it, as he's polished, accurate, and has a nice frame. If It's Allen or Mayfield, I'm going to take a longer hiatus than I took when we drafted Manziel, because I'll question how much this FO knows about the game and assume that Truckstop Jimmy has surrounded himself by a bunch of yes men.

you realize we have eliot wolf on our FO right?
this dude literally was born into football

if they take allen, whatever ill be pissed but within 10 seconds ill convince myself this dude will be the greatest qb ever

As far as the OP, I’d be immediately disappointed if they took anything other than Darnold. However:

If it was Rosen it wouldn’t take me long at all to love it as I think he can be stud in the league. A little longer with Mayfield because I’m unsure if he can be a stud in the league. With Allen I’d be nervous all the way up until he’d prove me otherwise. I see Boller in him and I see Stafford. 

We draft anybody else and I’m one pissed dude and will continue my loss of interest in the Browns. 

6 hours ago, hornbybrown said:

Can we all prepare ourselves for it not being the QB we want. I want Baker badly, but if we pick Darnold he will have my full support. Those of you who like Darnold need to be prepared for it being someone else.

whoever it is let’s get behind him. Let’s trust what is a really impressive front office group, better than any of us could of hoped we would put together after a 0-16 season.

unless they pick Allen in which case I’m leading the charge with my pitch fork 

I like what you mean.

I LOVE Darnold and want him to be our QBOTF.  I wont be thrilled if we take Rosen but I will support the team and I think he can be a very successful QB.  I think Mayfield is uber accurate and has the ceiling of a great QB and would love to see him reach it with the browns...

If we draft Allen, Absolutely no joke here, I'm going to start buying LA Rams stuff....

42 minutes ago, mistakey said:

you realize we have eliot wolf on our FO right?
this dude literally was born into football

if they take allen, whatever ill be pissed but within 10 seconds ill convince myself this dude will be the greatest qb ever

See this is the test to me.

I see us as having a very smart football front office...

John Dorsey is well respected around the league.  Elliot Wolf was born into football.  Hue Jackson is well respected in coaching circles.  Alonzo Highsmith, Scot McCloughan, these are all guys that are super well respected around the league.

If they take Darnold #1 or someone like Rosen or Mayfield, I will have to accept that they know what they are doing and I will blindly follow and trust.

That being said if they take Josh Allen, it will prove to me that football guys really are stuck in their ways and incredibly dumb...

Terrible against good competition, Terrible at playing football, only good looking in shorts and a T-shirt...

Forever In Sashi I trust :-P

Archived