Whatever QB we take...

hornbybrown

4 hours ago, MWil23 said:

If we pass on Sam Darnold at #1, I'm going to lose my ever loving mind. If it's Rosen, I'll talk myself into it, as he's polished, accurate, and has a nice frame. If It's Allen or Mayfield, I'm going to take a longer hiatus than I took when we drafted Manziel, because I'll question how much this FO knows about the game and assume that Truckstop Jimmy has surrounded himself by a bunch of yes men.

I'll be right with you. They take Baker "Hee Hee" Mayfield and I'll turn green.  It'll be a waste of a 1# overall and I will demote the browns to my 2nd fav team. Eagles (my second team since Fart Model moved ours) just won the superbowl. It'll be easy to transfer the flag. 

That is all

mastercheddaar

At this point, I'll be disappointed if it's anyone other than Darnold. If it's Rosen or Mayfield, I could definitely warm up to either one because I think both have the potential to be very good in the pros. As for Allen, I'll definitely feel a sense of dejection if he's the pick. I like his potential but he's far too risky to take over Darnold, Rosen or Mayfield.

It's gotta be Sam.

8 minutes ago, DawgX said:

At this point, I'll be disappointed if it's anyone other than Darnold. If it's Rosen or Mayfield, I could definitely warm up to either one because I think both have the potential to be very good in the pros. As for Allen, I'll definitely feel a sense of dejection if he's the pick. I like his potential but he's far too risky to take over Darnold, Rosen or Mayfield.

It's gotta be Sam.

This is where I stand 100%. I dont want to say 'please just get it there' everytime Allen drops back to pass because of his inconsistency and accuracy. Thats what I did with Kizer, Osweiler, Lynch and Tebow. Everytime they would drop back I would say 'cmon just get it there' and then if they completed the pass it was like a sign of relief. Allen would be the same type of guy.

I want a guy who is confident and accurate even if that comes at the expense of having the biggest arm the worlds ever seen. It doesnt matter to me how hard/far you can throw a ball if it comes at the expense of being wild. I want under control and accurate. 

I'll be upset if we get Allen. Cool with the other 3. Mayfield probably has the best arm strength and accuracy of those three so our coach won't have to scheme anything any differently. We did just trade for a QB who is the same height. If Mayfield is a good NFL QB but fails because of his height being just 6'1 he will be the first. If you hate Mayfield because you are still thinking Manziel, I get it. Physically and mentally on the football field he has shown the most promise out of all of the prospects. He also had to work hard at it as a walk on (2 times) in college.

2 hours ago, mistakey said:

you realize we have eliot wolf on our FO right?

Yes

this dude literally was born into football

Correct

if they take allen, whatever ill be pissed but within 10 seconds ill convince myself this dude will be the greatest qb ever

I'll spend a month in mourning, then gradually turn into this guy:

SlimImpartialGnat-size_restricted.gif

HzMIQ0.gif

FeminineCrazyIbisbill-max-1mb.gif

Basically I will be @sdrawkcab321 2.0

Love ya scrabble!!!! This is your year!

#HOF2018!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 hours ago, TheeRealDeal said:

What if John Dorsey has the entire football world duped and he does the unthinkable and passing on 1st round QB all together?

What if we get crazy and go

1. Bradley Chubb

4. Saquan Barkley

If we take anyone except for Darnold or Rosen @ 1........I could only sum it up with one of my classics.......

41ae43cf7d59a84641ee8da3366d9e30.gif

5 hours ago, mistakey said:

you realize we have eliot wolf on our FO right?
this dude literally was born into football

if they take allen, whatever ill be pissed but within 10 seconds ill convince myself this dude will be the greatest qb ever

This is the trashest argument I’ve ever seen. 

There are 2 QBs in this draft with the best chance for success.  They are Allen and Mayfield.  If you want a guy to play sooner rather than later, Mayfield is the choice.  If you want a project with the highest upside to sit and learn for a couple of years, Allen is the guy.  I am convinced that Rosen and Darnold will be average NFL QBs with long careers, but never special.  Jackson has potential, but I don't think he ever realizes it.  Some of the 2nd to midround guys have intrigue.  For me, I go for the special guys, that leaves the choice as Allen or Mayfield.  With Taylor (hopefully, we resign him so that he is hear at least for a few years), Allen will be the pick.  I will be honest though, I will hate watching Mayfield take the NFL by storm though while Allen is sitting behind Taylor.

39 minutes ago, DizzyDean said:

There are 2 QBs in this draft with the best chance for success.  They are Allen and Mayfield.  If you want a guy to play sooner rather than later, Mayfield is the choice.  If you want a project with the highest upside to sit and learn for a couple of years, Allen is the guy.  I am convinced that Rosen and Darnold will be average NFL QBs with long careers, but never special.  Jackson has potential, but I don't think he ever realizes it.  Some of the 2nd to midround guys have intrigue.  For me, I go for the special guys, that leaves the choice as Allen or Mayfield.  With Taylor (hopefully, we resign him so that he is hear at least for a few years), Allen will be the pick.  I will be honest though, I will hate watching Mayfield take the NFL by storm though while Allen is sitting behind Taylor.

So would you say that Sam Darnold is the Mitchell Trubisky of this draft, Allen is the Patrick Mahomes, Rosen is the Deshone Kizer and Baker Mayfield is the Deshaun Watson?

Archived