Whatever QB we take...

hornbybrown

I do believe that Taylor was brought in so we had time to groom our QBOTF. That tells me that Rosen and Mayfield probably aren't going to be the pick. Most seem to think those two are the most ready to play in 2018. So if that is true and it puts us with either Allen or Darnold I'm a huge Darnold fan. It's all just a guessing game but I do think Darnold will end up as a borderline top 10 QB, like a Matt Ryan (who was an MVP one year). Allen is probably hot/cold and can be seen as top 10 some years and bottom 10 other years. Maybe like Flacco.

20 hours ago, TheeRealDeal said:

What if John Dorsey has the entire football world duped and he does the unthinkable and passing on 1st round QB all together?

What if we get crazy and go

1. Bradley Chubb

4. Saquan Barkley

Then i would advocate for immediately firing the entire front office for the worst use of picks 1 and 4 ever.

7 hours ago, NudeTayne said:

So would you say that Sam Darnold is the Mitchell Trubisky of this draft, Allen is the Patrick Mahomes, Rosen is the Deshone Kizer and Baker Mayfield is the Deshaun Watson?

Of course not, all 4 of the top prospects in this draft I grade higher than Trubisky, Mahomes (last year at this time), and Kizer.  Mahomes is the closest one, I think he and Allen are comparable, and the Chiefs have handled him perfectly.

I actually really can find a reason for drafting all 5 of the top rated QB's, they all have their strengths, but when you are drafting #1 overall, you look for the least red flags if you believe that all the QB's have real talent and for me that is Darnold!!!

If they draft somebody else, I will not blink an eye, because, until it is proven to be a bad pick after 2 seasons, I just have to pray it was the correct chose and that finally, we have a true franchise QB.

I just also pray, Haslam has no say in the QB we pick like he did with Manziel!!! 

14 hours ago, TheeRealDeal said:

What if John Dorsey has the entire football world duped and he does the unthinkable and passing on 1st round QB all together?

What if we get crazy and go

1. Bradley Chubb

4. Saquan Barkley

Honestly, its highly unlikely, but its not far fetched, we know that Dorsey absolutely loves Alex Smith, and that Tyrod Taylor is very comparable to Smith, only younger.  If they do it, they are bluffing the entire league, and shortly after the draft, Taylor will get a monster extension.  I would not mind it honestly.  Also, both Hue and Dorsey have said that Taylor is not a bridge QB.  It will be interesting.  If this is the plan though, I would hope for a trade down to 5 with Denver, bluff the world, get other assets and still come out of it with Barkley and Chubb.

39 minutes ago, DizzyDean said:

Honestly, its highly unlikely, but its not far fetched, we know that Dorsey absolutely loves Alex Smith, and that Tyrod Taylor is very comparable to Smith, only younger.  If they do it, they are bluffing the entire league, and shortly after the draft, Taylor will get a monster extension.  I would not mind it honestly.  Also, both Hue and Dorsey have said that Taylor is not a bridge QB.  It will be interesting.  If this is the plan though, I would hope for a trade down to 5 with Denver, bluff the world, get other assets and still come out of it with Barkley and Chubb.

Hue cannot even recognize that he's a bridge coach.

1 hour ago, Iamcanadian said:

I actually really can find a reason for drafting all 5 of the top rated QB's, they all have their strengths, but when you are drafting #1 overall, you look for the least red flags if you believe that all the QB's have real talent and for me that is Darnold!!!

If they draft somebody else, I will not blink an eye, because, until it is proven to be a bad pick after 2 seasons, I just have to pray it was the correct chose and that finally, we have a true franchise QB.

I just also pray, Haslam has no say in the QB we pick like he did with Manziel!!! 

Darnold actually has the MOST red flags, average arm, wonky mechanics that he REFUSES to even try to address (that is called coachability), displayed poor decision making at times, and one of the biggest, an admitted loss of confidence.  That is called being a leader of men.  To put that last one into perspective, imagine you are in the Denver Broncos huddle when they started "The Drive", do you think John Elway was unsure of himself and lacking confidence?  Do you think he was in there like.... I don't know guys, it looks pretty hopeless, but lets give it a try anyway.  Genuine confidence is the easiest thing in the world to see, and so is the complete lack of it (not throwing at the combine because you don't want to be on the same stage, in the same spotlight, as your competition).  When it comes to that quality, Baker Mayfield, although short, towers over all other QBs in this draft.

25 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

Hue cannot even recognize that he's a bridge coach.

I know that is the popular opinion here, I disagree.  I think he is being given every opportunity to succeed in 2018 with an improved roster.  If marked improvement is shown (I think 6 wins), he is a very secure coach moving forward.

4 hours ago, DizzyDean said:

I know that is the popular opinion here, I disagree.  I think he is being given every opportunity to succeed in 2018 with an improved roster.  If marked improvement is shown (I think 6 wins), he is a very secure coach moving forward.

So your top 2 QBs are Allen and Mayfield, and you think Hue should still have a job here. 

Jesus.  How have you not won a Darwin award yet?

20 minutes ago, duke2056 said:

So your top 2 QBs are Allen and Mayfield, and you think Hue should still have a job here. 

Most disagreed last year about Kizer as well.  Have you washed the sticky out of your shorts yet by the way since he has now been shown the door?

45 minutes ago, duke2056 said:

There’s a reason half of the regulars ignore him.

Just go to your username at the top right and click on ignored users.  Add his name and you won’t see any more of his nonsense.

5 hours ago, DizzyDean said:

I don’t know if six wins will do that tho. It really comes down to what he does in game and if it really comes down to what he did. 

You could account victories will be long to Dorsey bring in talent and Haley actually installing a legit offense. 

Hell depending on how the offense looks, I could potentially see Hue fired and Haley being promoted. If Haley truly makes the Browns offense legit, teams are going to poach him to become a HC again. Dorsey might not want to let him go. 

Also listening to the radio yesterday, Adam the bull mention something that Haley and Hue might not be seeing eye to eye. He didn’t want to go in details because he didn’t want to say anything about it just yet and wants things to play out but mentioned there is a reason Haley picked the browns. Fox said, do you think he picked the browns to be the HC down the road and he didn’t say anything. So who knows what exactly will happen. I don’t see 6 wins securing his job because with the OC and DC with the talent added the browns should win at least 6 games. Hue has to do something that adds value. He took away from the team last year, he has to bring something this year

1 hour ago, buno67 said:

Also listening to the radio yesterday, Adam the bull mention something that Haley and Hue might not be seeing eye to eye. He didn’t want to go in details because he didn’t want to say anything about it just yet and wants things to play out but mentioned there is a reason Haley picked the browns. Fox said, do you think he picked the browns to be the HC down the road and he didn’t say anything. 

I’m not saying this is right or wrong or anything else, but you do realize their job is to create intrigue and start discussion right?

Stuff like this reeks of nonsense that they use to boost their ratings and get fans worked up and calling in and ranting.

Archived