Forum by Forum Mock Draft - Pick 12

Jason_Bengal_Fl

Every year there is a voting mock draft in the draft forum.  I like to let only team fans vote for the pick.  The 2018 Forum by forum mock draft is here.  The Buffalo Bills are on the clock with pick 12.  The first guy to 5 picks is the selection.  If no one gets to 5 after 24 hours the leader wins.  In case of a tie the earliest to the lead total wins.  If you discuss multiple gys in your post, please make a clear indication in your post who your actual choice is.

1. Cleveland - Sam Darnold

2. Giants - Saquon Barkley

3. Jets - Josh Rosen

4. Cleveland - Bradley Chubb

5, Denver - Quentin Nelson 

6. Indianapolis - Denzel Ward

7. Tampa - Derwin James

8. Chicago - Tremaine Edmunds

9. SF 49ers - Minkah Fitzpatrick

10. Oakland - Vita Vea

11. Miami - Roquon Smith

30 minutes ago, marshawn lynch said:

Love how a couple months ago... Only a select few of us wanted Baker at 21. Now that we are sitting at 12 and Mayfields draft stock has risen we all want him.

I think its the position the bills are in now. Most people who didnt want Mayfield thought Tyrod was going to be the guy and maybe draft another qb. Now that the bills are in need of a qb more so then they were people are warming up to the idea. If it played out like this then yes Baker is the best prospect IMO to be taken, I just dont see it happening especially how enamored both Jets and Dolphins are with him.  

14 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

I think its the position the bills are in now. Most people who didnt want Mayfield thought Tyrod was going to be the guy and maybe draft another qb. Now that the bills are in need of a qb more so then they were people are warming up to the idea. If it played out like this then yes Baker is the best prospect IMO to be taken, I just dont see it happening especially how enamored both Jets and Dolphins are with him.  

Tyrod was never in the equation for me when I was expressing my concerns over Mayfield. And frankly, my concerns haven't changed one bit. I never said Baker didn't have the physical skills. I just think a key component of the position is to be a leader. He may have been able to rally the troops in a huddle filled with college boys, most of whom will never see the NFL other than on tv, but he'll need to step up and make sure he doesn't act like a child in our locker room and on the field. I think that matters to both our players and our staff. I also believe the fact that we have visited with him 4 times means our FO is trying to get an accurate feel for his level of maturity. And I think it shows they have concerns as well. My $0.02.

Nevertheless, the reality is that I don't see us getting Rosen, whom I prefer. I still think the highest we can get in the draft is to trade up to #4 and even then, I don't think Rosen will be there. With that in mind, I have to find some comfort in someone at a later pick. Mayfield at #12 is perfectly fine value for his physical skills. If that does happen, I know I'll want him to prove me wrong. I just hope he can.

10 hours ago, Yibbyl said:

Tyrod was never in the equation for me when I was expressing my concerns over Mayfield. And frankly, my concerns haven't changed one bit. I never said Baker didn't have the physical skills. I just think a key component of the position is to be a leader. He may have been able to rally the troops in a huddle filled with college boys, most of whom will never see the NFL other than on tv, but he'll need to step up and make sure he doesn't act like a child in our locker room and on the field. I think that matters to both our players and our staff. I also believe the fact that we have visited with him 4 times means our FO is trying to get an accurate feel for his level of maturity. And I think it shows they have concerns as well. My $0.02.

Nevertheless, the reality is that I don't see us getting Rosen, whom I prefer. I still think the highest we can get in the draft is to trade up to #4 and even then, I don't think Rosen will be there. With that in mind, I have to find some comfort in someone at a later pick. Mayfield at #12 is perfectly fine value for his physical skills. If that does happen, I know I'll want him to prove me wrong. I just hope he can.

I think pick 2 is still in play for the bills, the giants are strapped for cap and gettleman is trying to do what beane did last season and that is to trim the fat and start fresh but also having that win now mentality. Collecting 4-5 picks from the bills for #2 will do that. Whether they keep OBJ or not they will have a nice haul over taking one player, chubb is good but he is not on the same level as Myles Garret and will he fit the new 3-4 system that the DC is implementing for them. Yes Barkley can be a game changer and is the best Rb in the draft no doubt about it but is it worth losing out on extra picks that can solidify that offensive line the giants desperately need? They can land a top rb like guice/sony/chubb as well as a top LB like Davenport, plus a OG like Hernandez..Pick 12, 22, and 34 plus the bills 2nd rd picks they will get. Im not saying it will happen but Im not counting the bills and giants making a deal out of the equation yet until giants are on the podium selecting at #2. Keep in mind not every trade happens 5+ weeks out from the draft to be public it usually comes out draft night which is when I think the trade will go down. Bills wouldnt be waisting their time hosting both Rosen and Mayfield for 4 total meetings each unless they werent serious about landing one and they knew they still had a chance to move up.

35 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

I think pick 2 is still in play for the bills, the giants are strapped for cap and gettleman is trying to do what beane did last season and that is to trim the fat and start fresh but also having that win now mentality. Collecting 4-5 picks from the bills for #2 will do that. Whether they keep OBJ or not they will have a nice haul over taking one player, chubb is good but he is not on the same level as Myles Garret and will he fit the new 3-4 system that the DC is implementing for them. Yes Barkley can be a game changer and is the best Rb in the draft no doubt about it but is it worth losing out on extra picks that can solidify that offensive line the giants desperately need? They can land a top rb like guice/sony/chubb as well as a top LB like Davenport, plus a OG like Hernandez..Pick 12, 22, and 34 plus the bills 2nd rd picks they will get. Im not saying it will happen but Im not counting the bills and giants making a deal out of the equation yet until giants are on the podium selecting at #2. Keep in mind not every trade happens 5+ weeks out from the draft to be public it usually comes out draft night which is when I think the trade will go down. Bills wouldnt be waisting their time hosting both Rosen and Mayfield for 4 total meetings each unless they werent serious about landing one and they knew they still had a chance to move up.

I get what you are saying, but I still believe the Giants take a QB at #2. Manning's replacement will never be cheaper and that organization has always had their act together, making wise, long term decisions. The timing is close to perfect for them and they realistically won't expect to have a #2 pick again for at least 3+ years if they neglect the QB this year. They've seen all these other teams, including the Bills, struggle for extended periods of time without a quality franchise QB. I don't believe they will make that mistake.

Archived