Blazin' Blaine Gabbert signs with the Titans

SteelKing728

2 minutes ago, bzane said:

Holy Cow- Blaine  "The Tutu Terror" Gabbert,  and Xavier Su'a-Filo, "The Pear-Shaped Avenger", IN ONE DAY?!?!

Are the Titans All-In for the Super Bowl, or WHAT?!?!

Image result for Blaine GabbertImage result for Xavier Su;a Filo

The sad part is that on paper, you can definitely make a case for TEN to repeat as a playoff team.   Dion Lewis upgrades RB paired with Henry instead of watching Demarco Murray's zombie corpse try to keep playing, Corey Davis gets to play a full season, and more importantly, no more shackles from the "exotic smashmouth O".   I really like JAX & TEN to come out again as playoff teams.   HOU will have something to say about that, of course, but I look at the AFCS as a lock to send 2 teams to the AFC playoffs.   The AFC is just not that good at the top, right now it's LAC, JAX who are the most complete teams and then a bunch of teams with major holes (NE being given a spot in the top 4 solely to BB, Brady & Gronk). 

59 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Tennessee fans cant like this right?

He’s a backup.... He’s an upgrade over Cassell. Said it before, most teams that lose their starting QB are screwed anyway. Gabby has starting experience and doesn’t have a dead arm like Cassell. Completely fine with the signing. There’s much worse at backup out there.

11 hours ago, Broncofan said:

You can definitely get worse backups.   I don’t know if he ever gets a real shot at starting now with this year’s draft class adding 5 Rd1 picks and 3-4 day 2 guys.   They will get priority (even knowing several will bust out you know they will get priority for 2+ seasons if not more).  So going to TEN makes a lot of sense.  Team on the rise that wants to have continuity and a new staff he can latch on with.

The thing I like with this is if TEN needs him they don’t have to change the O significantly with a mobile backup.   It’s why I’m not a fan of CAR past backup Anderson for Cam and now HOU’s choice of Weeden for Watson’s backup.  

Yeah.  You can do worse than what Gabbert has slowly grown into as a backup.  You know what you're gonna get if he has to play, and he's generally been known as a good clipboard holder/film room type as well.  And it's certainly convenient that you're going to run pretty much the exact same offense if/when Mariota goes down at some point.

Which, given Mariota's injury history is a distinct possibility.  Which i think unfortunately means we can expect Gabbert to get a chance to play the Jaguars again this year, and beat them again.  Which will be annoying.

7 hours ago, renndawg37 said:

As long as I never have to see Cassel wind up with everything he has in order to throw the ball 20 yards down field again. His arm is done. My cat would have been an upgrade. 

Pics or it didn't happen.

8 hours ago, UtahUtesFan said:

He's a lot better than Kessler and Drew Stanton imo.

He is a better athlete than Kessler with a better arm.

Kessler is way better at football and much more acurate. 

If Kessler had blaines physical tools he would b a top 10 QB. 

8 hours ago, Broncofan said:

The sad part is that on paper, you can definitely make a case for TEN to repeat as a playoff team.   Dion Lewis upgrades RB paired with Henry instead of watching Demarco Murray's zombie corpse try to keep playing, Corey Davis gets to play a full season, and more importantly, no more shackles from the "exotic smashmouth O".   I really like JAX & TEN to come out again as playoff teams.   HOU will have something to say about that, of course, but I look at the AFCS as a lock to send 2 teams to the AFC playoffs.   The AFC is just not that good at the top, right now it's LAC, JAX who are the most complete teams and then a bunch of teams with major holes (NE being given a spot in the top 4 solely to BB, Brady & Gronk). 

??
Nothing sad about it lol.

Archived