Su'a Cravens traded to the Broncos

champ11

Per what I just posted from Klis, Elway has really done a nice job parlaying some of our draft picks into players and setting us up with some extra picks in the future. He's handled this very well, there was no way 11 rookies were going to make the team and filled some needs - #3 CB, RT, LB/S - but still have five picks in the top 106. I like it. 

3 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

Per what I just posted from Klis, Elway has really done a nice job parlaying some of our draft picks into players and setting us up with some extra picks in the future. He's handled this very well, there was no way 11 rookies were going to make the team and filled some needs - #3 CB, RT, LB/S - but still have five picks in the top 106. I like it. 

As of now has traded Talib and Simeon for Veldheer and Cravens and not given up our draft capital.  We solved a locker room problem, traded away a big contract and strengthened up positions of need.  He upgraded the QB, CB an DL through Free-Agency and we are still a major player in the draft.  Not sexy, but gotta give him credit.

1 minute ago, BaldyBronco said:

As of now has traded Talib and Simeon for Veldheer and Cravens and not given up our draft capital.  We solved a locker room problem, traded away a big contract and strengthened up positions of need.  He upgraded the QB, CB an DL through Free-Agency and we are still a major player in the draft.  Not sexy, but gotta give him credit.

I think it's unfair to call Talib a "locker room problem" even though I know you probably didn't mean it like that. Just a situation that both needed to move on from 

3 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

I think Elway saw what most saw: the FA class was as shallow as it’s ever been so to bring in real upgrades i.e. not just burn through money he had to get creative without mortgaging valuable picks. McDonald, Veldheer and Cravens is a nice haul in just about a week. Bring in a cheap veteran TE and they can move on to the draft now. 

2 minutes ago, BaldyBronco said:

Talib was the alpha-dog in that locker room. He wasn't a locker room problem. I get why the trade was made, it makes a lot of sense for multiple reasons, but we're going to miss Talib both on the field and in the locker room this year. 

8 minutes ago, broncofan48 said:

I like the idea/premise of using those later round picks to consolidate and move up into that 2/3 round range, even if Elway's track record isn't the best there

We give up 3.99 and 4.106 and we can move back in to the top 75.  Give up one player for another top 75 pick.  Math works

1 minute ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

Talib was the alpha-dog in that locker room. He wasn't a locker room problem. I get why the trade was made, it makes a lot of sense for multiple reasons, but we're going to miss Talib both on the field and in the locker room this year. 

I aint hating on Talib and should have stated that differently.  My statement was more related to the narrative that has been floating.

1 minute ago, BaldyBronco said:

We give up 3.99 and 4.106 and we can move back in to the top 75.  Give up one player for another top 75 pick.  Math works

I'd be interested to see if CJ Anderson + picks is involved in a draft day deal.  Especially if a RB is taken with #5, #40, or #71 to try and get another day 2 pick.  (If no QB I'm firmly on the Barkley train)

3 minutes ago, broncofan48 said:

I'd be interested to see if CJ Anderson + picks is involved in a draft day deal.  Especially if a RB is taken with #5, #40, or #71 to try and get another day 2 pick.  (If no QB I'm firmly on the Barkley train)

Reading the beat writing tea leaves, it sure sounds like Anderson will be a draft day trade.

Archived