Su'a Cravens traded to the Broncos

champ11

1 hour ago, Epic said:

I like the move.  We had so much trouble covering TE's.  They killed us last year.  I think Cravens addresses that this season.  Great value.  Let's face it, 5th, 6th and 7th rounders are  pretty much special team/practice squad guys.  Once in a blue moon, you find a Malik Jackson (5th Round) or Matt Paradis (6th Round) who end up starting.  Getting proven professionals with NFL experience is a pretty good way to go.  Cravens is just 22 years old!  Hell, we would have probably drafted someone around that age. 

I agree in that good fits are better than late pick drafts which are like a wildcard, it's like John heard us all bitching on the free agency thread.  He has done well.  I would parlay Valdheer and CJ to Miami if we could get James (bonafide RT) and something else.  

I am not sure how people can say Elway has not had a good offseason. This offseason has been a culmination of smart signings and trades. Guy has done well considering this free agent pool is diluted. 

I'm super pumped for the draft. I wouldn't mind Clive Walford but he is the only miami TE I can remember not even being average.

https://www.milehighreport.com/2018/3/28/17171102/broncos-struggles-covering-tight-ends-running-backs

Good article (Essary is MHR's rock star) breaking down every TD given up to RBs and TEs last year. Reflects what I've been saying since last year: Parks is an okay player but he becomes the weakest link in pass coverage when Davis is off the field. Su'a is a game changer. 

3 minutes ago, anewdawn said:

I agree in that good fits are better than late pick drafts which are like a wildcard, it's like John heard us all bitching on the free agency thread.  He has done well.  I would parlay Valdheer and CJ to Miami if we could get James (bonafide RT) and something else.  

I would go crazy if the later move happened. Wouldn't mind that one bit.

Just now, BroncoBruin said:

https://www.milehighreport.com/2018/3/28/17171102/broncos-struggles-covering-tight-ends-running-backs

Good article (Essary is MHR's rock star) breaking down every TD given up to RBs and TEs last year. Reflects what I've been saying since last year: Parks is an okay player but he becomes the weakest link in pass coverage when Davis is off the field. Su'a is a game changer. 

Parks is capable at covering just I think it's more being young. 

16 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

Yeah that was a really good article. Good stuff 

27 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

Parks is capable at covering just I think it's more being young. 

I don't see it. He's small and not a very fluid athlete. Not a bad player by any means but when you lose a Talib and you don't have every matchup advantage against WRs anymore, you need to compensate by getting someone who can consistently win matchups against RBs/TEs. 

I rarely read MHR, way too many pieces that read like Patrick Smyth-approved fluff, but I make sure to read everything Jeff Essary writes. This fanbase doesn’t have much of a film breakdown presence. Simone at BSN also does nice work and I assume there’s some of that at Mile High Huddle but I don’t subscribe.

5 minutes ago, jsthomp2007 said:

If Simmons can have a breakout year, what does the defensive backfield look like up the middle with Simmons and Cravens? 

I think that's a really nice duo going forward. Simmons covers so much ground they can afford to keep Su'a where he's comfortable, causing problems in the middle of the field. 

1 minute ago, BroncoBruin said:

I think that's a really nice duo going forward. Simmons covers so much ground they can afford to keep Su'a where he's comfortable, causing problems in the middle of the field. 

Takes some pressure off of Roby as he transitions to the outside for sure.  It will be interesting who the Broncos draft for that nickel CB position now?  

Am I seriously the only one who has an issue of what he did in Washington? 1) he didn't just collect a paycheck he got no compensation for missing last year.

Troy Vincent, who I personally talked to in 2010 who is a hall of famer. Said to me the last few years in buffalo all though he had no love for the game he still collected a paycheck because the scrubs they had couldn't take his job.

My last point. Can cravens not be a will lb Ian gold in some packages and qualify safety in others love the move.

1 hour ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

Agreed. And that's something that can rarely be said about MHR content. 

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then. 

(To be fair their prospects visit tracker and factual info pieces are solid.   Just not the opinion pieces...ever.   This is a rare nugget in a sea of refuse). 

I’ll have to follow Essary more though.   If this is what he produces regularly it’s a big step up. 

Archived