Su'a Cravens traded to the Broncos

champ11

7 minutes ago, elliot878 said:

This is a great deal simply for the fact that it infuses the roster with some much needed high end talent.  I’d take a guy in his situation at any position, that it fills a massive need is the cherry on top.

excited about this one!

Wouldn't be opposed to reloading the defense starting with Chubb. At least it is a formula we know works and we might be one or two more key defensive guys from being a top five unit. Plus, we are probably closer to being an elite defense than an offense. 

12 hours ago, jsthomp2007 said:

Wouldn't be opposed to reloading the defense starting with Chubb. At least it is a formula we know works and we might be one or two more key defensive guys from being a top five unit. Plus, we are probably closer to being an elite defense than an offense. 

I'm getting pretty excited about this Chubb 

1 hour ago, champ11 said:

I'm getting pretty excited about this Chubb 

Chubb and Barkley are probably my favorite players in the Top 5 discussion, followed by Rosen and then Nelson. Chubb is an absolute animal. He's got a full array of pass rush moves, he's a rock solid run defender. He's a better prospect than Myles Garrett was in my mind.

I'm with you guys on Chubb. If he's there I'd have no problem if that's the way we went. 

Lets remember, even though it was only two years ago, we've lost six starters - Malik, Sly, Ware, Danny T, Talib and Ward - from the Super Bowl defense. Re-stocking that unit wouldn't be a bad idea in my opinion. An elite defense, an improved running game thanks to upgrades on the OL and a game-manager QB is a formula that works in the NFL in this era. 

53 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

I'm with you guys on Chubb. If he's there I'd have no problem if that's the way we went. 

Lets remember, even though it was only two years ago, we've lost six starters - Malik, Sly, Ware, Danny T, Talib and Ward - from the Super Bowl defense. Re-stocking that unit wouldn't be a bad idea in my opinion. An elite defense, an improved running game thanks to upgrades on the OL and a game-manager QB is a formula that works in the NFL in this era. 

Agreed. And it simply comes down to this for me - if you see Chubb as the guy most likely to be an all-pro of the group? You see him as a double digit sack guy? And he's there? Take him. If you see both the G and the DE as all-pro, elite talents? Lean towards the pass rusher

51 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

Lets remember, even though it was only two years ago, we've lost six starters - Malik, Sly, Ware, Danny T, Talib and Ward - from the Super Bowl defense. Re-stocking that unit wouldn't be a bad idea in my opinion. 

Great point - and that doesn't even take into account the deterioration of the guys that ARE still around (i.e. Wolfe, Marshall, Stewart). Hard to argue those guys are the same caliber of players that they were in 2015. 

Our defense isn't going to be very good next year as it stands. Probably average. Only elite part was our 3 corner coverage shutting people down. That's outta here now. Maybe not if we get another great pass rusher tho!  

2 hours ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

It was comforting to know that even if the offense f*cked up...we could still stop the opposition.  With that said...is Chubb any better than Davenport or Landry?  Maybe they are different positions...but, I think if the Broncos think defense first...a trade down is appropriate...especially with the Bills chomping at the bit for a QB.  

2 hours ago, champ11 said:

Agreed. And it simply comes down to this for me - if you see Chubb as the guy most likely to be an all-pro of the group? You see him as a double digit sack guy? And he's there? Take him. If you see both the G and the DE as all-pro, elite talents? Lean towards the pass rusher

This is the best approach to drafting, especially in the top 5 picks.  We've been forced into need for years with our R1 picks.  This roster needs an infusion of all pro type talent, so whoever has that upside, no matter the position, I'll be happy on draft day.

Archived