Browns trade Cody Kessler to the Jaguars

49erurtaza

5 hours ago, PapaShogun said:

Hue Jackson should have rolled the dice and bet more on Kessler's decision making instead of Kizer and Hogan's arm. 

they did.  they gave him the first shot at TC this year and lost the job in record time.

17 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

I'm talking about actual games though. Kizer and Hogan looked worse than Kessler has.

i dunno.  kessler looked abysmal last year.  hogan looked better than him.  which is why kessler got benched for him.  IIRC.  ive tried to forget everything from last season.

16 hours ago, mistakey said:

shellshocked young kid who pretty much regressed like 9 million percent in year 2.  he was given first crack at the starting job in camp and then pretty much lost it to hogan, osweiler and then kizer.

i suspect he did well in season 1 mainly cause we were down so much and everyone was playing prevent.

he plays hard though.  just.. not... great.  or good even.

Yeah I had high hopes for him to be a decent back up.  Once defenses figured him out, rather quickly I might add he wasn't good at all.

But a few things I will always remember him with fond memories:

cleee.0.gif

1207240.jpg

6 hours ago, Broncofan said:

Yup plus the likelihood that a rookie would be able to be ready to help year 1 for who they are likely targeting is pretty low.  Most rookie QB’s not being thrown into the fray are game day inactives.  No snaps with the 1st team.  A rookie in that situation has to progress so quickly with limited snaps in-season.  That’s not what a contender wants from their backup.   For contenders a cheap vet backup with past experience with NFL game speed is the bridge plan.  

In JAX’s case they still have long term QB questions.  The other factor is that the 2019 QB draft class at the top is awful.   They may want to get a guy now on Day 2 seeing them as far better value than forcing a 2019 early pick on iffier talents.  They are likely committed to Bortles for 2018-19 given the restructure  but if you are thinking 2019-20 ETA this is the year to get QB not 2019. 

Yeah.  Have to imagine with the Jags QB uncertainty for the future, they'll be keeping at least some sort of eye on how weak next year's class looks at the moment.  Which might influence what they do this year a bit.

3 hours ago, Bonanza23 said:

Yeah I had high hopes for him to be a decent back up.  Once defenses figured him out, rather quickly I might add he wasn't good at all.

1207240.jpg

Please explain carrots.

22 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

Exactly 15 baby carrots every day.  That's gold.  xD

I hope the Jaguars start selling Teal baby carrots in 15 packs, in honor of our new fearless clipboard holder.  Instead of that ghastly bologna sandwich concoction they made to Doug Marrone's specifications.

56 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

Exactly 15 baby carrots every day.  That's gold.  xD

I hope the Jaguars start selling Teal baby carrots in 15 packs, in honor of our new fearless clipboard holder.  Instead of that ghastly bologna sandwich concoction they made to Doug Marrone's specifications.

Haha!

I did hear somewhere that it only improved his vision ?

7 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Look at that.

I agree with the people saying yes should have been given a longer leash last year, especially given the other options.

Yeah, ignore the haters. Kessler will make for a very good backup for you guys. If he had a better arm and was maybe a bit bigger, then he'd be a very good QB. 

9 hours ago, Bonanza23 said:

cleee.0.gif

How sad is it that neither of these plays would even be in the top 10 of Weeden's blooper reel?

Archived