2018 MLB GDT IT’S HEREEEEE

bigbadbuff23835

Just now, pollino14 said:

You’re like the Aaron Judge whisperer! Every time you defend him from the haters, he mashes!

Judge hitting home runs in Citi Field proves my point pretty damn well tbh.

Citi Field is a horrible hitters park, but its in New York.  This is clearly bed related and not park dimension related. 

6 minutes ago, mission27 said:

Imagine if Andujar ever improves his approach at the plate and takes a couple walks how good a hitter he would be.  Scarrryyy.

He has of late. I’m pretty sure he’s doubled his walks in a very short time frame. Up to .335 obp from a low .300. Him and Gleyber is going to be a fun battle for ROY

2 hours ago, mission27 said:

Judge hitting home runs in Citi Field proves my point pretty damn well tbh.

Citi Field is a horrible hitters park, but its in New York.  This is clearly bed related and not park dimension related. 

El oh el

You are more delusional than I 

10 hours ago, bkobow05 said:

El oh el

You are more delusional than I 

tbh Aaron Judge as a SNAR (Sleep Number Above Replacement) of -56. One of the highest in baseball history. (Remember that SNAR starts at -273 and increases form there, with a SNAR of 0 being defined as someone who literally sleeps on clouds.)

I've yet to hear an explanation from anyone as to how the dimensions or whatever at Yankee Stadium would impact contact frequency and quality.  

Yankee Stadium is a hitters park because it elevates HR/FB rate, especially for left handed hitters.  More generally, in 2018 MLB with regulated mound height etc. the big difference in park factors from one park to the next is HR/FB rate.  Judge's struggles on the road extend FAR beyond HR/FB rate. 

Here are some things Judge does better at home than on the road that have nothing to do with ballpark:

- He strikes out 27% of the time at home and 35% of the time on the road.  

- He walks 23% of the time at home and 10% of the time on the road.  

- His walk / strikeout rate is 0.85 at home and 0.28 on the road. 

- His IFFB% on the road is ******* 13.6%.  It's 3% at home.  That has nothing to do with the ballpark and actually more than explains the variance in his HR/FB rate at home and on the road.  What that means is if his IFFB% were the same at home and on the road, he'd actually have a higher HR/FB on the road. 

- He hits the ball on the ground 35% of the time at home and 50% of the time on the road.

- His GB/FB is 0.76 at home and 1.64 on the road. 

- He hits the ball hard 48% of the time at home and 42% on the road.

- At home, he hits the ball about evenly to all fields (35-32-32), on the road he pulls the ball half of the time (49-31-20)

None of this stuff has anything to do with the ballpark, its dimensions, air flow, wind tunnels, whatever.  It all clearly points to a guy who is uncomfortable hitting on the road and is pressing.  Anyone who has played or watched baseball, or pays attention to the numbers, knows when a hitter presses they swing at worse pitches, they strikeout more, walk less, they try to kill the ball which usually leads to pulling a lot of hard ground balls and a lot of pop-ups instead of consistent, good contact.  That's what's going on with Judge.  I watch the guy most nights and I've also taken the time to actually look at his numbers but you can keep ignoring this **** every time it is brought up because it doesn't fit your narrative.

Even ignoring the infield flys, if Judge had the same HR/FB on the road that he does at home, he'd have 2 more home runs.  He'd be hitting something like .225/.300/.430 on the road. 

And if he had the same HR/FB at home that he does on the road, he'd have 2 fewer homer runs.  He'd still be hitting .330/.480/.700 at home. 

Its not the 'little league' park.

Archived