2018 MLB GDT IT’S HEREEEEE

bigbadbuff23835

3 hours ago, Leader said:

Ha! This is true and I just commented about that on the NYY thread. He needs to open his stance up. He's "locked in" (locked up) with this closed up stance and cant adjust to pitch location.

I cant tell if the league adjusted to his new stance or if its all in his head because he does seem rattled deep down.  He's like a reverse Judge rn.  Looks so bad at YS.  .947 OPS on the road .683 at home.  Makes me think its prob in his head from the booing very early on.  Guys gotta sack up.

Tbh though I've never seen a guy look so bad and still somehow be a pretty productive player.  And it actually kind of works out because we've got one giant CS mashing at home (Judge) and on the road (Stanton).

14 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Does this make his debut age younger in record keeping?

Semi serious question.

It happened 5 days before his debut, but will count as his 6th ever MLB homerun in the official stats.

How can anyone NOT love baseball? It's fantastic.

2 hours ago, mission27 said:

I cant tell if the league adjusted to his new stance or if its all in his head because he does seem rattled deep down.  He's like a reverse Judge rn.  Looks so bad at YS.  .947 OPS on the road .683 at home.  Makes me think its prob in his head from the booing very early on.  Guys gotta sack up.

Tbh though I've never seen a guy look so bad and still somehow be a pretty productive player.  And it actually kind of works out because we've got one giant CS mashing at home (Judge) and on the road (Stanton).

From what I've picked up, Stanton started 2018 with same stance he finished last year with. Although he's denying it - current rumor is he's opened up a bit - which I think a good thing. Although he can kill the ball using the lateral strength across the shoulders - and I mean, when he connects with a pitch - it moves - he'd be able to adjust to pitches better if he opened up a bit.

My fear with Stanton is he gets the Arod brand. Although I'm not a proponent of extended contracts (as the guy at the end of the line is always a shell of his former self) - Stanton's gonna be around a long while, so I dont want his relationship with the fans to sour.

Given the number of players who are pretty much slogging along (based on past performance) - I'm amazed how well we're winning. If Judge, Stanton & Sanchez ever get it together - together - it'll be a sight to see.

You can throw Bird in there now. Excellent D - but his bat's been pretty quiet. We're fortunate Torres and Andujar have performed as they have. Otherwise, we'd be in a world of hurt. Walker's lost his mojo since losing his ABs to Bird. He had no spring training and was just hitting stride at the plate when Bird came back. 

9 hours ago, crab1106 said:

Starting to think he's breaking out for real with these swing and misses. 

"With six weeks until the non-waiver trade deadline there is no sign Jacob deGrom or Madison Bumgarner will be available. The Yankees might just have to snag someone such as Toronto’s J.A. Happ or Minnesota’s Lance Lynn to provide quality depth against more injuries.

For now, though. German keeps working his way up the ranks of a rotation outperforming its reputation.

In the 52 games since the team’s shaky 9-9 outset to the season, the rotation has a 3.38 ERA (sixth best in the majors). Over the past 21 games it is 2.77, second best. That latter result was produced without Montgomery and mostly without Tanaka, but with German sure looking more and more like a trustworthy starter"

<<Context: that 21 game span consisted of games against: HOU (3) ; WA (3) ; TOR (2) ; TB (4) ; BALT (2) ; DET (2) ; NYM (3) ; SEA (1) ; LAA (1)>>

https://nypost.com/2018/06/19/maybe-the-yankees-wont-need-to-get-a-starter/

1 hour ago, Leader said:

"With six weeks until the non-waiver trade deadline there is no sign Jacob deGrom or Madison Bumgarner will be available. The Yankees might just have to snag someone such as Toronto’s J.A. Happ or Minnesota’s Lance Lynn to provide quality depth against more injuries.

For now, though. German keeps working his way up the ranks of a rotation outperforming its reputation.

In the 52 games since the team’s shaky 9-9 outset to the season, the rotation has a 3.38 ERA (sixth best in the majors). Over the past 21 games it is 2.77, second best. That latter result was produced without Montgomery and mostly without Tanaka, but with German sure looking more and more like a trustworthy starter"

<<Context: that 21 game span consisted of games against: HOU (3) ; WA (3) ; TOR (2) ; TB (4) ; BALT (2) ; DET (2) ; NYM (3) ; SEA (1) ; LAA (1)>>

https://nypost.com/2018/06/19/maybe-the-yankees-wont-need-to-get-a-starter/

Tbh I wouldn't mind going after a guy like Happ, when Tanaka gets back it pushes German to the minor leagues but gives us depth and he can come back up for the stretch run in the bullpen.  

Also can't believe JA Happ is 35.  **** I'm old.  I remember JA Happ ROTY arguments on here.

8 hours ago, Slateman said:

Yay, Harper got a hit

If somebody gives him a 10 year deal, they are going to regret it.  4 of his 7 seasons (counting this one to date) he's had an OPS of .821 or below.  3 of the 6 completed seasons he has missed 40+ games, and this through his early to mid 20's.  How's the body going to age when he's already had trouble staying healthy?  Granted 3 of the last 4 years he's been pretty healthy, assuming he stays healthy this year.

46 minutes ago, mission27 said:

Tbh I wouldn't mind going after a guy like Happ, when Tanaka gets back it pushes German to the minor leagues but gives us depth and he can come back up for the stretch run in the bullpen. Also can't believe JA Happ is 35.  **** I'm old.  I remember JA Happ ROTY arguments on here.

Big start tonight for Jonathan Loaisiga.

He looked good against TB in his MLB debut. Hopefully he can repeat the performance tonight against SEA.

He does - it may be more likely than not that we've got the arms on the teams already to get us through the season - and honestly, I'd rather lose a WS than lose some of these young guys if they've got what it takes. If so - they can give us years of production.

Archived