2018 MLB GDT IT’S HEREEEEE

bigbadbuff23835

2 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

Freddie has been pretty bad the last 15 games. Just not seeing the ball good right now.

He did the same thing to Nolan Arendao and a few other legit great hitters. It's not Freeman.

The extension and spin on Peralta's fastball is a legitimate problem for hitters.

1 hour ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

gross

I like Dansby and think he has a place on a team but i still think getting rid of Simba was the dumbest thing we did considering to me he was on a great contract.  I mean he was a MASSSSIVEEEE fan favorite here as was Kimbrel.    Simba's defense was a think of beauty and something every braves fan loved watching expecting soemthing miraculous every game to happen and more often than not he came through and was still pretty solid with the bat.  I like Newcomb as a pitcher and think he will be very good for us as well long term but i still wouldn't have made that trade considering i know the Braves are always going to draft 1st round pitchers almost every year knowing who we are.

“I feel great. I have a clear mind going into each start.’’

“I think it’s important for me to stay as positive as I can.’’

When your starting pitcher's post game comments sound like he's talking to his Shrink..........there's a problem.

From the NY Post:
"Gray’s ERA went from 5.44 to 5.85 with this dreadful performance. The loss dropped his record to 5-7. The Yankees own 29 losses for the season. Gray, 28, owns seven of them. That is as many losses as Luis Severino, CC Sabathia and Masahiro Tanaka have combined for all season. Gray was 4-7 after coming over from the Athletics last July 31st in a deal for James Kaprelian, Jorge Mateo and Dustin Fowler. The Yankees keep waiting for Gray to come around, but the reality of the situation is that Gray has been a losing pitcher in each of the past three seasons"

So - either the talent evaluation - "This guys got good stuff....he's just playing on a dog team" was wrong - or - he's got/doesnt got good stuff, but regardless he cant cut playing under pressure  -  and right about now, Roger Maris Syndrome is gonna kick in and Gray's gonna start losing his hair.

11 hours ago, FalconFan13 said:

I like Dansby and think he has a place on a team but i still think getting rid of Simba was the dumbest thing we did considering to me he was on a great contract.  I mean he was a MASSSSIVEEEE fan favorite here as was Kimbrel.    Simba's defense was a think of beauty and something every braves fan loved watching expecting soemthing miraculous every game to happen and more often than not he came through and was still pretty solid with the bat.  I like Newcomb as a pitcher and think he will be very good for us as well long term but i still wouldn't have made that trade considering i know the Braves are always going to draft 1st round pitchers almost every year knowing who we are.

what are you even talking about? That trade was almost 3 years ago now, so not sure why its even being discussed. the braves havent and will not always draft pitchers in the first, thats just a silly, uniformed statement. Dansby had a wrist injury, its really unfair to judge him on the last couple months considering how significant that is to hitting, a simple look at his splits see a huge jump in k's arond that time. Hes getting healthier, his k rate is way down and once his normalizes over the course of the month he'll be back to being a below average but not awful hitter.

Simmons in the meantime got off to a torrid star and the last couple months have seen him regress to what hes been and likely will always be, a slightly below average hitter. which is absolutely fine with his glove. Again why he was brought up is mindblowing but simmons is clearly the better player now but Dansby still has more upside. He was always projected to be an above average to plus hitter, hes only 24 and still has time to develop into that.

1 hour ago, pollino14 said:

Great audition for Happ so far, back to back homers to start the game. 2 runs for Sevy!!

Well if we still want him - the price just got cheaper:

2.2 innings

4 hits

6 earned runs

6 walks

5 strikeouts

84 (yes thats correct - 84 pitches)

Be interested to hear what that was all about - but not an auspicious audition.

Maybe we can trade them Sonny Grey straight up for Happ :)

Archived