2018 MLB GDT IT’S HEREEEEE

bigbadbuff23835

57 minutes ago, pollino14 said:

Am I crazy thinking getting a guy like Didi and some mid level prospects ( not Sheffield, Clint or Florial) is the best offer they’d get?

Who? The Orioles from the Yankees? I've no clue who the NYY are willing to give up for Machado. How serious any discussions are or who's truly "off the board" - I've just been playing the "conjecture game" and in keeping with that think they could pull down better than you just mentioned from another club. 

I'm not really "for" such an acquisition. Unless we've got the arms in AAA or below - thats what this team needs more than anything - but - if we were to get into some deal for him, one thing I'd like more than the Stanton deal is age. Machado just turned 26 a few days ago - I DONT like the knee injuries - but if we did get into a long term deal I could see him still being able to lift a bat at its end. If I'm not mistaken, I think Stanton's deal takes him till he's 38 .........and I can only imagine his strikeout rate at that point. 

I like Stanton - not dogging him - but DONT like all the strikeouts. Get enough of them with AJ - and cant see any way that gets better with age - so if we could move him and get equal (or better) production for somebody younger...............I'd be willing to listen to what the offer was. It's not my money - but I'm past the point of wanting to pay huge bucks for guys that cant cut it any longer and we're just paying NOT to play anymore. Example: ARod.

4 hours ago, hrubes20 said:

He's tied with Freddy Galvis for SS.  Addison Russell is only 1 behind and Trea Turner is right there.  Turner has the most dWAR.  Nobody is a frontrunner in that race this early on.  Of course, this is assuming that the voters for GG would take DRS into consideration, which is always iffy.

Jeter will probably win

13 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

Im pretty sure all 4 fans will enjoy it.

That's the point. Why would you build a $809 Million stadium for a team with no fan support? The MLB is stupid if they let that happen. Move them FFS.

2 minutes ago, bkobow05 said:

That's the point. Why would you build a $809 Million stadium for a team with no fan support? The MLB is stupid if they let that happen. Move them FFS.

Because the MLB won't pay for any of it and they'll use that figure to justify $1B+ stadiums for real franchises.

11 minutes ago, bkobow05 said:

Eh 

The Trop is a complete dump, and St. Pete is not Ybor City, I think it could work.

Archived