2018 MLB GDT IT’S HEREEEEE

bigbadbuff23835

3 hours ago, Starless said:

As a Red Sox fan I'd much rather see the M's in the playoffs than the A's.

Theyve has the Sox number this year. Would be interesting. Certainly some high powered offenses going in a series like that. Fortunately for you guys, we probably wouldn’t make it out of the wild card game. Not enough starting pitching this year.

Is it coincidence that Harper didn't play and the Nats put up 6 runs , none of them on homers? I don't think so.

If Murphy could play every day, I'd say the Nats have a puncher's chance at gaining in the division. But they don't. Kind of sad to see this era come to an end like this. In a way though, I'm glad. This team seems beset by underachievers in crucial moments. It will be good to get them off the roster this offseason.

5 hours ago, Slateman said:

Is it coincidence that Harper didn't play and the Nats put up 6 runs , none of them on homers? I don't think so.

If Murphy could play every day, I'd say the Nats have a puncher's chance at gaining in the division. But they don't. Kind of sad to see this era come to an end like this. In a way though, I'm glad. This team seems beset by underachievers in crucial moments. It will be good to get them off the roster this offseason.

Never know, people said that about Ovie and Caps for a long time as well :)

5 hours ago, Slateman said:

They're still my pick in the NL East.  Injury bug bit them hard in the 1st half.  That and Harper's slump.  The Braves came out of the gate fast but have been a .500 team for 2 months now.  Phillies don't have a good offense (21st in runs scored, 22nd in wRC+) and it's not perfect, but they are 23rd as a team in dWAR.  Nola is great, but the rest of the rotation is a question mark.  Bullpen is middle of the pack as a whole.  The talent level on the Nats is far superior to either right now, and I'm guessing it sorts itself out.   

21 minutes ago, Forge said:

Never know, people said that about Ovie and Caps for a long time as well :)

Ovi performed like a superstar and stayed here. Harper has already checked out.

5 minutes ago, hrubes20 said:

They're still my pick in the NL East.  Injury bug bit them hard in the 1st half.  That and Harper's slump.  The Braves came out of the gate fast but have been a .500 team for 2 months now.  Phillies don't have a good offense (21st in runs scored, 22nd in wRC+) and it's not perfect, but they are 23rd as a team in dWAR.  Nola is great, but the rest of the rotation is a question mark.  Bullpen is middle of the pack as a whole.  The talent level on the Nats is far superior to either right now, and I'm guessing it sorts itself out.   

Team is composed of players who simply choke under pressure. Martinez is being forced to start Harper, who can't hit his weight. Even if Strasburg comes back, their rotation is Max, Stras, and pray for 3 days of rain. This team is done. No reason to burn prospects trying to fix it. Just wait until the offseason, let the free agents walk, and start using the free salary space to plug some holes.

3 hours ago, Slateman said:

Team is composed of players who simply choke under pressure. Martinez is being forced to start Harper, who can't hit his weight. Even if Strasburg comes back, their rotation is Max, Stras, and pray for 3 days of rain. This team is done. No reason to burn prospects trying to fix it. Just wait until the offseason, let the free agents walk, and start using the free salary space to plug some holes.

Well you can guarantee that they will be adding another SP before the deadline.  But the offense and bullpen, once healthy again, will be able to carry the team on most days that Max/Scherzer don't start.  

Archived