2018 MLB GDT IT’S HEREEEEE

bigbadbuff23835

7 hours ago, Slateman said:

Scherzer settled down. Just more examples of mental errors by the Nats. Scherzer and Kintzler were both up on the count and grooved fastballs. Murphy got a short lead and tried to go first to third. Soto misplayed that ball horribly.

But hey, Bryce hit a bomb. Yay.

Was that Murphy? I couldnt tell as I was multitasking and had the audio turned down - but that was a bad move on his part IMO. The hit was pretty much straight to the right fielder who came up throwing shortly after Murphy rounded 2nd....and Murphy didnt impress as a speedster......bad move.

Scherzer didnt have his good stuff - kept getting hung up on foul pitches after 2 strike counts and his pitch count soared. I wonder how much the heat played into things.

I'll admit that I dont follow the Nats too closely, but I dont understand what the big deal is about them. Harper & Scherzer are certainly talents - no doubt/hands down - and this kid Soto's gonna be smacking the ball around for years to come....but I think to some degree they've been benefiting from a NLEast that cant shoot straight.  Philly & Atlanta are some showing signs of life this year, but (IMO) neither have rosters ready to compete at the top levels and of recent the division's been pretty weak.

1 hour ago, Leader said:

Was that Murphy? I couldnt tell as I was multitasking and had the audio turned down - but that was a bad move on his part IMO. The hit was pretty much straight to the right fielder who came up throwing shortly after Murphy rounded 2nd....and Murphy didnt impress as a speedster......bad move.

Scherzer didnt have his good stuff - kept getting hung up on foul pitches after 2 strike counts and his pitch count soared. I wonder how much the heat played into things.

I'll admit that I dont follow the Nats too closely, but I dont understand what the big deal is about them. Harper & Scherzer are certainly talents - no doubt/hands down - and this kid Soto's gonna be smacking the ball around for years to come....but I think to some degree they've been benefiting from a NLEast that cant shoot straight.  Philly & Atlanta are some showing signs of life this year, but (IMO) neither have rosters ready to compete at the top levels and of recent the division's been pretty weak.

This was a team that won 97 games last year and was expected to be better by virtue of having a better pen.

Zimmerman and Murphy have been hurt. Bryce is now flirting with the Mendoza line. And the pen has been meh. 

14 hours ago, playmaker8267 said:

Rick Porcello just hit a three run double off Max Scherzer.

Going to be tough to top this moment

14 hours ago, Forge said:

Because of course. I mean, Kris Bryant is 1 for 10 off Scherzer, Buster Posey is 1 for 12. Nolan Arenado 1 for 7.  Paul Goldschmidt 1 for 18. Lorenzo Cain and Ryan Braun are a combined 0-28 against Scherzer. Makes all the sense in the world that Porcello would crack a three run double 

Porcello did study him extensively when they were teammates in Detroit.

3 hours ago, Slateman said:

This was a team that won 97 games last year and was expected to be better by virtue of having a better pen.

Zimmerman and Murphy have been hurt. Bryce is now flirting with the Mendoza line. And the pen has been meh. 

Not ragging on them per se - admitted I've not had them on my "things to pay attention to" list. They're certainly not chumps - but this year - when I have been paying attention - I dont see what its all about. Probably for the reason cited above.

Last year - they won 97 - cant be taken away - but the rest of their division was underwater and the Marlins (of all teams) came in second - 20 games back. Again - not a hassle. Perhaps they'll pull it together in the second half. The Soto kid is gonna do them well for years to come. Not sure what Harper's gonna be doing - but as a NYY fan - I dont want the contract he's supposedly gonna pull down. Been there done that with heavy, long contracts as eventually they ALL become a dead weight on the roster. Fine if you want to be pricing your fans out of the stadium with contract and luxury cost taxes. I prefer the home grown plus a few additions concept more.

We've got our own fair share of "under performers" based on batting average. If we all started hitting next to normal - we'd be sitting pretty. Maybe that'll happen.

12 hours ago, Leader said:

It was Murphy. I remember commenting on Twitter about how you decide to try to go 1st to 3rd on Betts when you have a surgically repaired right knee.

Matt Reynolds just drove in the Nats' 1st run of the game. 3-1 Boston.

22 minutes ago, playmaker8267 said:

It was Murphy. I remember commenting on Twitter about how you decide to try to go 1st to 3rd on Betts when you have a surgically repaired right knee.

Matt Reynolds just drove in the Nats' 1st run of the game. 3-1 Boston.

Boston's just smacking the ball all over. 6-2 now. 2 on 1 out in the fifth.
Make that 9-2.

Archived