2018 MLB GDT IT’S HEREEEEE

bigbadbuff23835

8 minutes ago, jonu62882 said:

Well then, I’ll see myself out.

Ha I mean realistically any interviewer would have asked him how he would have handled his pitching staff and if what he's done in the first week was his answer, I wouldn't have hired him.

Here's the problem: with managers, we just don't know enough about their day to day to really evaluate them thoroughly. We can say the Phillies' management of their pitching staff has been an unmitigated disaster - 100%. So, where did that idea come from; the Phillies' front office or Kapler? The only thing we know for sure is that Kapler screwed up and didn't get a guy warmed up before he brought him in. To me, that's a firable level of incompetence, but the Phillies could conceivably say "we like you're managing the bullpen hyper aggressively, make sure that never happens again".

4 hours ago, hrubes20 said:

I thought that was a reference to Brad Lidge being broken by Albert Pujols in the NLCS.  

Well yeah but I thought it was a double reference since it happened again with Giles and thus Stros fans should be well acquainted with their closers getting destroyed in the postseason. I was just trying to relate it back to Jansen and it wouldn't have made much sense to say Jansen will become good again at the same as Lidge lol. 

You guys aren't that old yet don't worry. Still though, I was 8 when that happened but I do remember it. :ph34r:

1 hour ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Goddamnit I'm old... I won't lie, this hurt a little to read.

Hell, I remember my family having a bag phone in the car, and I didn't have a cell phone until undergrad.  That's how old I am.

Alright guys, I need a judgment....how long do I have to wait before wallowing in pity about how bad the Giants are after 10/12/14?  I'm guessing 3 years of bad play with one additional meh season of making the playoffs isn't going to be long enough, is it? 

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

Alright guys, I need a judgment....how long do I have to wait before wallowing in pity about how bad the Giants are after 10/12/14?  I'm guessing 3 years of bad play with one additional meh season of making the playoffs isn't going to be long enough, is it? 

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

You've won 3 world series titles recently. You cannot wallow in any type of pity until you're geriatric.

Archived