2018 MLB GDT IT’S HEREEEEE

bigbadbuff23835

9 hours ago, Slateman said:

Honestly,  hes making the case that he cant be sent back down. No idea what the Nats are going to do. They either play a horrendous outfield defense, or sit one of their important bats.

At least until Eaton gets hurt. Again.

You can't send a guy down hitting .350 when you're in a playoff race. Taylor needs to get benched, and Eaton can play CF.

29 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

You can't send a guy down hitting .350 when you're in a playoff race. Taylor needs to get benched, and Eaton can play CF.

I'm not saying a I disagree, but jeez, that is a woeful outfield defense. I know Taylor's slash line looks bad, but he's been turning it around at the plate (.288/.358/.521 the last 30 days). Honestly, I'm wondering if they can just DL Harper for a while. Something ain't right with him, and I'm not unconvinced that it's totally mental.

Oh and Justin Miller, where have you been all my life?!? So this is what it feels like to reach into your system and pull up some nobody that suddenly blows everyone away.

29 minutes ago, Slateman said:

I'm not saying a I disagree, but jeez, that is a woeful outfield defense. I know Taylor's slash line looks bad, but he's been turning it around at the plate (.288/.358/.521 the last 30 days). Honestly, I'm wondering if they can just DL Harper for a while. Something ain't right with him, and I'm not unconvinced that it's totally mental.

Oh and Justin Miller, where have you been all my life?!? So this is what it feels like to reach into your system and pull up some nobody that suddenly blows everyone away.

Have Harper start taking GBs and see if he can play 1B, then start rotating him in with Zimmerman and the other 3 OFs depending on matchups. 5 guys for 4 spots is ideal really.

Sending Soto down is just not an option as long as he's hitting well.

MLB needs to clarify their ruling on plowing/not plowing the catcher that goes beyond "the runner being entitled to a lane to slide" if blocking the plate. The Matt Kemp/Chirinos play last night is the thesis to my argument here. The throw brings the catcher up the line, Kemp lowers his shoulder and barrels him over, which is a lot different than your normal contact in a case like this, considering Kemp initiated it as such, and the MLB/head of umpires then doubles down and says what Kemp did was legal under the new rule. Kemp even admitted after the game he has no idea how to read the new rule, and in his defense, was hurt sliding in a similar situation. 

3 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Have Harper start taking GBs and see if he can play 1B, then start rotating him in with Zimmerman and the other 3 OFs depending on matchups. 5 guys for 4 spots is ideal really.

Sending Soto down is just not an option as long as he's hitting well.

We have Matt Adams to rotate at first base.

No discussion of the Terry Collins ejection audio coming out?  Maybe the GOAT sporting event audio tbh.  I would link a copy of it but the language is definitely explicit.  It is well worth a listen though.  

Also, the MLB trying to take down all copies of the video from the internet makes it that much better.

Archived