2018 MLB GDT IT’S HEREEEEE

bigbadbuff23835

Sergio Romo started for the Rays yesterday as I'm sure you've all heard by now. He went one inning as scheduled for his first career Major League start. Apparently, he's starting again today. I'm pretty sure I don't like this. Romo gets credit for the start, but Ryan Yarbrough went 6.1 innings immediately after Romo. The cranky traditionalist in me hopes this fails and never catches on. 

2 hours ago, playmaker8267 said:

Sergio Romo started for the Rays yesterday as I'm sure you've all heard by now. He went one inning as scheduled for his first career Major League start. Apparently, he's starting again today. I'm pretty sure I don't like this. Romo gets credit for the start, but Ryan Yarbrough went 6.1 innings immediately after Romo. The cranky traditionalist in me hopes this fails and never catches on. 

I don’t even understand the logic of it, if you’re going to have someone go 6+ innings anyways then why isn’t he starting? 

Aaron Boone hasn’t been impressive to me with how he handles the lineup, and bullpen (mainly Dellin) as well.

Gary is hitting .225 and he went 4/5 with two homers yesterday and you can’t DH him today to try and let him keep the hot bat going? You sit Didi two days in a row, even if it is against lefties (he’s done well against them the last few years). Clint comes in yesterday and gets on base 3 times, but he can’t get in the lineup? I know we are deep, and all we can’t get all 3 of those guys in the lineup every day, but it’s frustrating.

58 minutes ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

I don’t even understand the logic of it, if you’re going to have someone go 6+ innings anyways then why isn’t he starting? 

I didnt know this happened until @playmaker3128s post but I think I can see some logic. If a starter can go 6.1 innings more effectively than a reliver can go one then you'd rather the starter pitch into the 8th as oppose go the RP. In the rays mind, Romo will be more effective in the first rather than the 7th/8th. I dont hate it tbh.

Archived