2018 MLB GDT IT’S HEREEEEE

bigbadbuff23835

The Yankees are reportedly trying to get Manny Machado now? Go get a freaking TOR pitcher instead please. Didi would be included for sure, he has one year left on his deal, idk who else we’d include but I’d assume Clint/Sheffield are off the table unless Manny signs long term. 

58 minutes ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

The Yankees are reportedly trying to get Manny Machado now? Go get a freaking TOR pitcher instead please. Didi would be included for sure, he has one year left on his deal, idk who else we’d include but I’d assume Clint/Sheffield are off the table unless Manny signs long term. 

Why on earth would Baltimore take that deal? 

7 hours ago, devils1854 said:

Dansby is tied with Andrelton for most DRS this year. Should be the favorite for the gold glove in the NL right now.

Im not knocking his defense i am quite proud he has came around on that. Still liked watching Simmons do it better though he had more of those WOW O.o moments when you watched him like it was almost unbelievable he actually made that play and no one should have been able to but he did.   But with that said it doesn't matter if it's spectacular or not what matters is the DRS in the end game.  I just liked Simmons better of the 2 when watching them and i still think Dansby will be a fine player but Simmons was one of my favs. of the newer braves players as well as kimbrel.

13 hours ago, pollino14 said:

Really don’t understand how Boone let CC go after the 5th. Real easy to see he was done. Double header or not.

I agree. He was in the low nineties in pitch count coming into the 6th - had his typical "CC's wildness" which tells you the end is near - 2nd & 3rd nobody out? I'd be surprised if Holder wasnt ready in the pen......but he came in one pitch too late. 

8 hours ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

Seriously, idk why we’re wasting our time. Go get a freaking pitcher.

1 hour ago, pollino14 said:

Seriously, idk why we’re wasting our time. Go get a freaking pitcher.

I think they NYY are just keeping tabs on the price - which is smart. No, we dont need a shortstop - but there's no denying Machado wouldnt be a helluva upgrade over Didi. We have a bunch of underachieving bats in our lineup paired up with the number 3+4 highest in strikeouts. That creates more than a few speed bumps to an offensive juggernaut. Then you match it all up with our pitching staff.....I'm surprised we've been able to pull off the record we have.

We definitely need a pitcher (or maybe two) to go all the way this year. This staff wont cut it - but whats out there? Nothing that'll knock your socks off thats for certain - so - it the price on Machado drops........................................

26 minutes ago, tom cody said:

Machado would be quite good in that Yankees lineup for sure, Judge, Machado, Stanton would be a great threesome in your batting lineup for sure. 

And Sanchez if he ever figures out whats up with his hitting this year. I dont care that he's got decent HRs + RBIs - hit lack of hitting - just basic, simple singles has killed off more rallies or potential rallies than he's created - and your starting catcher / every day #5 guy cant be doing that to a line up. Not when two guys ahead of him are league leaders in strikeouts. 

Make no mistake - I dont want to get rid of the kids and get tied into a bunch of long, expensive contracts. Been there / done that before. Right now the NYY have alot of roster / salary flexibility. Stanton's the only BIG / long contract on the books - but thats gonna change in a few years - so how we set ourselves up for that will be important.

Right now - Machado's right with Stanton - but his average is almost 40pts higher - he's got more RBI's (in a less than fearsome lineup) - and he's less ***71 strikeouts*** (thats alot of strikeouts and I'd put money on thats where the RBI difference comes from). Those stats make a difference.

16 hours ago, devils1854 said:

Dansby is tied with Andrelton for most DRS this year. Should be the favorite for the gold glove in the NL right now.

He's tied with Freddy Galvis for SS.  Addison Russell is only 1 behind and Trea Turner is right there.  Turner has the most dWAR.  Nobody is a frontrunner in that race this early on.  Of course, this is assuming that the voters for GG would take DRS into consideration, which is always iffy.

Archived