2018 MLB GDT IT’S HEREEEEE

bigbadbuff23835

1 minute ago, Starless said:

He's got a realistic shot at a triple crown if Mookie doesn't run away with the batting title.

He's not an MVP contender compared to guys like Trout, Betts, and Ramirez

Guessing some old school voters are going to put him way higher than he deserves though

Just now, JammerHammer21 said:

Guessing some old school voters are going to put him way higher than he deserves though

I dunno, man. There's not much of a sample size in recent years, but if Miggy in 2012 is any indication I expect JD to get a lot of votes if he does get the TC.

1 hour ago, JammerHammer21 said:

Unfortunately, JammerHammer is right about J.D. He doesn't have a chance at the MVP unless he's demonstrably better offensively than Trout, and, even then, he's a longshot. He's not just a DH, but he's a part-time terrible fielder. IMO, he has a better chance of finishing outside the top 3 than he does winning the award.

3 minutes ago, playmaker8267 said:

Unfortunately, JammerHammer is right about J.D. He doesn't have a chance at the MVP unless he's demonstrably better offensively than Trout, and, even then, he's a longshot. He's not just a DH, but he's a part-time terrible fielder. IMO, he has a better chance of finishing outside the top 3 than he does winning the award.

[shrug] Cabrera had a negative DWAR when he won the TC in 2012 and the MVP with it. Trout's overall WAR was 10.7 to Miggy's 6.9 that year. I think you're both underestimating just how much winning the TC sways voters.

Again, JD won't win the TC if Mookie keeps up his current pace but if he does I definitely wouldn't discount the idea of him winning MVP.

1 hour ago, playmaker8267 said:

7 of the last 10 teams to be leading their division by 3.5 games or more by end of day July 12 went on to win their division.

Those who blew the lead:

2017 Yankees

2017 Brewers

2016 Giants

so you're saying that means nothing now a days?

Archived