2018 MLB GDT IT’S HEREEEEE

bigbadbuff23835

2 minutes ago, pwny said:

Can you point to where I stated or implied they were exactly the same?

If “comapanies shouldnt be able to punish you for things you literally did as a kid“ applies to things done just two months prior to being drafted, then surely it applies to something done years prior.

This of course unless that statement isn’t true and there are actually things that people should be held accountable for regardless of how young they were when they happened. So either you believe that Heimlich shouldn’t be punished or you agree that there is clearly a line at which players should be held accountable for what they did as kids. And if you accept that there is a line, maybe you’ll start to understand how people can view where that line aught to be differently.

You bringing Heimlich's name up inferred that. I then implied it.

7 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

in all seriousness, what did he tweet that was racist? the whole thing is silly, but calling him racist is even more silly.

He had tweets referencing the KKK, one tweet that said “white power” followed by the ✊? Emoji and used the N word (with a hard r) no less than half a dozen times. I’m gonna assume you missed those among the other things that he said.

2 minutes ago, pwny said:

He had tweets referencing the KKK, one tweet that said “white power” followed by the ✊? Emoji and used the N word (with a hard r) no less than half a dozen times. I’m gonna assume you missed those among the other things that he said.

i didnt see the white power, that one could be bad. i believe KKK was literally just KKK by itself, stupid to tweet but who know what it means. saying the n word doresnt make you racist, no one should say it, its an awful word that has a lot of meaning behind it. But if im alone and just say that singular word, it doesnt make me a racist. was it directed at someone? Was it used as an adjective or something? Im pretty sure it wasnt, hence my point.

36 minutes ago, pwny said:

Is him being excluded from play at any professional level not punishment for things he “literally did as a kid”?

With Heimlich, if his record had accidentally been released after he was drafted, should the MLB have handled it how Hader’s situation will be handled? Would we be saying that his team shouldn’t release him and should give him a complete fair shake at rising through the minors and getting to their pro team?

Is timing of discovery the only thing that defines whether action should be taken?

Heimlich's situation would also be vastly different, in that he would potentially represent a safety risk to any and all children at the games.  I believe that would constitute enough of a potential liability to the team, that if they could not feasibly find out about his conviction before signing him, they would be able to do what they needed to do when it was discovered.

But in most cases, I do believe that the timing of the discovery should heavily influence whether action should be taken.  Or whether it CAN be taken.  The onus should be on the employer to make sure they know who they are hiring.  An employer shouldn't be able to punish an employee for things they did prior to employment, if the employer simply fails to do their due diligence prior to the hiring.

But for the record, I absolutely think Hader's actions deserve punishment and I am not taking the "he was a dumb 17 year old, so this means nothing" argument.  I'm just not sure MLB can be the one to discipline him.  But then again, I haven't seen an MLB contract in its entirety.  Certainly is possible that it provides for this type of thing.

14 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

i didnt see the white power, that one could be bad. i believe KKK was literally just KKK by itself, stupid to tweet but who know what it means. saying the n word doresnt make you racist, no one should say it, its an awful word that has a lot of meaning behind it. But if im alone and just say that singular word, it doesnt make me a racist. was it directed at someone? Was it used as an adjective or something? Im pretty sure it wasnt, hence my point.

You see.  It's posts like this that made me feel gross when I agreed with you earlier.  

7 minutes ago, hrubes20 said:

Heimlich's situation would also be vastly different, in that he would potentially represent a safety risk to any and all children at the games.  I believe that would constitute enough of a potential liability to the team, that if they could not feasibly find out about his conviction before signing him, they would be able to do what they needed to do when it was discovered.

But in most cases, I do believe that the timing of the discovery should heavily influence whether action should be taken.  Or whether it CAN be taken.  The onus should be on the employer to make sure they know who they are hiring.  An employer shouldn't be able to punish an employee for things they did prior to employment, if the employer simply fails to do their due diligence prior to the hiring.

But for the record, I absolutely think Hader's actions deserve punishment and I am not taking the "he was a dumb 17 year old, so this means nothing" argument.  I'm just not sure MLB can be the one to discipline him.  But then again, I haven't seen an MLB contract in its entirety.  Certainly is possible that it provides for this type of thing.

Appears that he will be going to sensitivity training for something he did as a 17 year old.

6 minutes ago, TENINCH said:

Appears that he will be going to sensitivity training for something he did as a 17 year old.

That's not really harming him, though.  Employers require trainings all the time, and he will still be paid while completing said training.  I'm talking about suspensions and the like, which would cost him income.  

13 minutes ago, hrubes20 said:

I'll say that he puts up his current AAA numbers this year in the bigs, but with more power and less BB rate.  Something like:

.250/.310/.415

I predicted that line on April 25th for Acuna this year.  His current line, 3 months later?  .249/.304/.438.  HRUBES20 is the new PECOTA.  

1 minute ago, hrubes20 said:

I predicted that line on April 25th for Acuna this year.  His current line, 3 months later?  .249/.304/.438.  HRUBES20 is the new PECOTA.  

1. its still only july

2. hes coming off injury

3. youre reasoning was beacuse hes young. please dont bring up stupid reasoning running into blind luck.

Archived