2018 MLB GDT IT’S HEREEEEE

bigbadbuff23835

Just now, DirtyDez said:

A-Rod has been throwing out some ridiculous trade proposals all night. 

I mean, if the Cardinals were being competitive this year, I could possibly see it.  But the Cardinals are a series sweep away from rebuilding.  If they're dealing someone with multiple years of control, they're wanting long-term assets.  Not someone whose going to walk as a FA in the offseason.  And I'm not sure it was Alex Rodriguez that proposed it.  I think it was the girl announcer.

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

I mean, if the Cardinals were being competitive this year, I could possibly see it.  But the Cardinals are a series sweep away from rebuilding.  If they're dealing someone with multiple years of control, they're wanting long-term assets.  Not someone whose going to walk as a FA in the offseason.  And I'm not sure it was Alex Rodriguez that proposed it.  I think it was the girl announcer.

Hopefully we can help you guys out here.

19 minutes ago, tom cody said:

Speaking of A-Rod what do you guys think of his commentating? I've watched a couple games where's he's been the commentator. He's a bit overbearing sometimes but overall he's not to bad.

I think he's pretty good.  His fondness of old school baseball is annoying sometimes, but it's minor in the grand scheme of things.  Like last night, after a Cubs hit and run, he said something like, "That's what these baseball fans want to see.  Perfect execution on that hit and run.  Moving runners over.  Sacrifices.  The little things."  Umm.....what?  Baseball fans want to see 74 bombs a game.

36 minutes ago, hrubes20 said:

I think he's pretty good.  His fondness of old school baseball is annoying sometimes, but it's minor in the grand scheme of things.  Like last night, after a Cubs hit and run, he said something like, "That's what these baseball fans want to see.  Perfect execution on that hit and run.  Moving runners over.  Sacrifices.  The little things."  Umm.....what?  Baseball fans want to see 74 bombs a game.

This is where I'm at. I don't think I value the same things as him but he does much better than most analysts in explaining the game and its finer details. He isn't too generic or talking in gibberish. That at least makes him informative and interesting to listen to.

Archived