2018 MLB GDT IT’S HEREEEEE

bigbadbuff23835

5 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Okay, stay with me here because this take is scorching. Mike Trout is good at baseball. A team with Mike Trout will probably win more games than they would without Mike Trout.

Jeez, guys.  You two been reading Keith Law tweets all morning to get your snark level up?  

This is dear to me because I once got into a 2 hour argument with somebody who said they'd take Pete Rose over Barry Bonds. I was deemed the ignorant one/the problem because I needed him to provide viable reasons for it. He literally left it at "it's just my opinion" and I was the bad guy for saying it was a very dumb one lol.

2 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Both? Those are so different. Each case you trade Bud Norris, but are you trading Ozuna/Gyorko/Mikolas/Wacha or all of the 1-3 year control type guys? That changes it completely.

The Cardinals aren't going to rebuild like the Cubs/Astros did, as much as they should.  Probably more ship off their more immediate pieces for more long-term pieces.

15 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

The Cardinals aren't going to rebuild like the Cubs/Astros did, as much as they should.  Probably more ship off their more immediate pieces for more long-term pieces.

I mean they can get into the SP market big time with Martinez, and Wacha if he wasn't hurt. Nobody is going after Greg Holland or Dexter Fowler. You trade Bud Norris for sure. 

But then what? If you punt next year, you trade Ozuna for sure but that looks really bad since you won't get what you paid. Mikolas gets you something back for sure. Gregerson and Brett Cecil would be salary bumps. Gyorko is a salary dump. I don't know what to make of Matt Carpenter.

Basically, the point I'm getting at is unless you go full lolCubs or Lastros, I don't see a ton of assets on this team that are going to bring back prospects and jump start a rebuild. 

2 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I mean they can get into the SP market big time with Martinez, and Wacha if he wasn't hurt. Nobody is going after Greg Holland or Dexter Fowler. You trade Bud Norris for sure. 

But then what? If you punt next year, you trade Ozuna for sure but that looks really bad since you won't get what you paid. Mikolas gets you something back for sure. Gregerson and Brett Cecil would be salary bumps. Gyorko is a salary dump. I don't know what to make of Matt Carpenter.

Basically, the point I'm getting at is unless you go full lolCubs or Lastros, I don't see a ton of assets on this team that are going to bring back prospects and jump start a rebuild. 

Unless the Cardinals are getting a HAUL, they're not dealing Carlos Martinez.  Probably want more than what you mentioned a few days ago.  Wacha is on the DL right now, which means if he's going to get dealt it won't be until after the non-waiver deadline has passed.  I still think if the Cardinals are dealing a SP, it should be Miles Mikolas.  And if they're getting anything of remote value, they should move him.

Ozuna isn't going to get dealt.  They'd be selling incredibly low.  Better to run through the rest of the season and hope his value bounce back.  Don't know if Gyorko is a salary dump though.  Maybe nothing special, but he should get a wild card prospect or two.  With you on the Carp thing though.

Archived