Bell wants $17 mil; Ronald Jones rumor?

warfelg

Out of conference makes it harder but:

Seattle, Tampa, Washington, Detroit. 

There is one in conference team that came up when I was talking to this person...Houston. They may lack a first, but they do have a bunch of front 7 that they could send us something. 

The two ideas that were floated around me were:

Washington 1st, 3rd, and a defensive player for Bell and a 5th

Houston’s 2nd, Whitney Mercilus, LaMar Miller for Bell, Dupree, 7th. 

10 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Out of conference makes it harder but:

Seattle, Tampa, Washington, Detroit. 

There is one in conference team that came up when I was talking to this person...Houston. They may lack a first, but they do have a bunch of front 7 that they could send us something. 

The two ideas that were floated around me were:

Washington 1st, 3rd, and a defensive player for Bell and a 5th

Houston’s 2nd, Whitney Mercilus, LaMar Miller for Bell, Dupree, 7th. 

TRADE DUPREE?  Quit teasing me:x  You know how much I dislike Dupree's game!

Just now, DaRealTitletown said:

Houston doesn't have a second either. 

Come up with an idea for Seattle and SF please those are most likely

These aren't ideas FWIW.  SF isn't likely at all after signing McKinnon.

Just now, Blitzburgh said:

If they aren’t ideas are you suggesting it is inside info?  If it is it’s bad cause Houstan doesn’t have a 2nd.

Yea, and I didn't put a year with Houston's 2nd.  Just because I said their second doesn't mean it's this years.

6 hours ago, warfelg said:

So there’s a rumor floating around that the reason talks with Bell have stalled is we came up some in the offer, Bell was unhappy that it took time, and changed his mind before signing and asked for $17+ mil. 

The rumor is tight lipped but it came from the owners meeting the Cobert has talked trade with some teams. 

Mat the same time it’s rumored that Colbert and Tomlin quietly Skype called Ronald Jones on his pro day and have set up a visit with him. 

The trade rumor is Bell+ something for a 1st, 3rd, player. 

Id give it up a minute. 

4 hours ago, DaRealTitletown said:

What defensive player does Washington have we would be interested in?

I wanted to say Preston Smith but they will need the ability to sign Bell to a long term contract, I'd say Ryan Kerrigan. By trading Kerrigan they can sign Bell and we shave our cap room by 2 millions.

I really hope that the rumors that we may trade Le'Veon Bell are true. In today's market I just don't feel like running back so worth anywhere near 17 million dollars a year.

He claims to want a Superbowl ring but he is not willing to put the team first in any aspect. I am all for players wanting to get what they deserve but 17 million a year is far beyond that. I'm not in favor of drafting a first-round running back I'm just not. But at the same time if you're going to trade lady on Bell the question has to become who is the replacement. If you could acquire another first-round pick and fill two of your big defensive needs in the first round and then get a second-round running back I would not have a problem with that.

Archived