Bell wants $17 mil; Ronald Jones rumor?

warfelg

4 hours ago, CKSteeler said:

I think Bell is petty and stupid enough to where he would definitely force a GM/coach combo that desperately want to keep him to dump him. Bell is one of the very few difference makers they drafted together.

The writing was on the wall last year. He raps to us telling us how he'll negotiate. I completely believe this. And I hope they do trade him. Like Mike Wallace, Bell is saving the Steelers from themselves.

Speaking of Wallace it wouldn't surprised me if Bell half-assed it like Wallace did in his FA year so he wouldn't get hurt. Talk about a player that we could all tell wasn't giving 100% that was Wallace. Right now that's a big concern for me regarding Bell if he is a Steeler next season.

I dislike many fans because they’re always asking players to take friendly discounts and be a team player blah, blah, blah.  Football is a violent game and these guys are jeopardizing their long term health to entertain us but also to make a living.  

The Market Value for RBs should be close to what it is for QBs.  I’m tired of hearing about Franchise QBs and how important they are.  RBs are just as important!  The disparity in pay is a complete joke.  I hope Bell is traded just so these selfish fans can realize what he was to this team.

I can go on and on but like Bell, others won’t see the value in my words.  I’m hoping for a Tag and Trade now just so he can prove his worth to another team.  Rant over!

Rbs are not close to the value of a QB...most easily replaceable position...look at what the rookie Rbs did last year on their teams.

Bell is scheduled to make 350x more then me in this upcoming year and I work with the armpit of society(corrections)...he is more than compensated fairly for his work...especially considering he’s almost doubling the # 2 guy at his position.

1 hour ago, Armsteeld2 said:

I dislike many fans because they’re always asking players to take friendly discounts and be a team player blah, blah, blah.  Football is a violent game and these guys are jeopardizing their long term health to entertain us but also to make a living.  

The Market Value for RBs should be close to what it is for QBs.  I’m tired of hearing about Franchise QBs and how important they are.  RBs are just as important!  The disparity in pay is a complete joke.  I hope Bell is traded just so these selfish fans can realize what he was to this team.

I can go on and on but like Bell, others won’t see the value in my words.  I’m hoping for a Tag and Trade now just so he can prove his worth to another team.  Rant over!

Saying QBs and RBs are in the same boat is ridiculous.  We have seen time and time again that without a QB teams are nothing with only a couple exceptions.  We have seen many teams succeed with rookies and journeyman RBs. 

2 hours ago, Armsteeld2 said:

The Market Value for RBs should be close to what it is for QBs.  I’m tired of hearing about Franchise QBs and how important they are.  RBs are just as important!

C'mon man.  That's absurd.  RBs are important, but no where near the value of QBs.  QB is such a nuanced position, it doesn't even come close to having the same value.  

Everyone's pissed at Bell because he's trying to take too big a piece of the pie.  He's already blown up the RB market, but that's not good enough for him.  Eventually, he's going to see what happens when you get top dollar for a team with a mediocre QB and OL like so many others have when they leave Pittsburgh.  

9 hours ago, Armsteeld2 said:

Well, the reason we can't see the value behind those words is because there's really no logic or facts to support the notion that running backs are just as valuable as quarterbacks. Running backs have a much shorter shelf life, are much easier to replace, and good ones are much easier to find... And those aren't even remotely disputable facts. Recent history also proves that in today's League, quarterbacks are much more integral to team success then running backs are.

I do agree that fans get annoying when they bash players for supposedly being greedy, which is why I don't fault Bell for trying to get his maximum value. I just don't want us to pay him that much.

And I don't think anyone would claim that Bell isn't important to this offense. The question is, is he so important that he is worth 17 million a year? And more than that, do I trust him enough to give him that much? For me, both are a resounding no. I think we can actually replace his running production fairly easily. Replacing him in the passing game will be the biggest challenge, but again, not to the point where I'd pay him the money he wants. Between Antonio, Juju, Martavis, McDonald, and whoever else we bring in between now and next year, I think our offense will be fine without him. Will it be AS good? Maybe not, but it won't be a 17 million dollar difference.

Maybe we don't pay him and somebody else does and we will regret it. That's a risk I'm willing to take because 17 million dollars a year is far too much money to invest you know running that when we have had so much success with acquiring running backs in the past. I would understand if you were a position that we struggle to improve such as corner but running back is just not a position I feel needs to Value as highly as some others when it comes to contracts. Furthermore there's a big difference between a quarterback and a running back. Typically speaking the offense runs almost exclusively through the quarterback no matter whether you're passing or running. By that I mean the general of the offense is it the quarterback it is his job to see everything and adjust accordingly. The quarterback has the most responsibility on the offense hence the reason really good quarterbacks are hard to find. Really good running backs or a prized possession but also somewhat of a luxury 

I wouldn't have paid Brown what he wanted, either. I don't think WR is *that* important. And Brown means more to this offense than Bell and has a set of skills that are far more difficult to replace. Plus, he asked for what was market value for a guy of his talent at WR - not twice what his competition was paid. This isn't personal, though Bell is a grade-A douchebag in a lot ways. I'd much rather spend that money on defense.

This team also invests heavily in the OL. And I trust that OL. And I know, and see each and every week that the number one thing teams fear from that offense is the passing attack. Not Leveon Bell.

You send him to a team like Cleveland he is a guy who gets you 1100 yards at probably shy of 4.0 YPC or just around that point. And the teams with franchise QB's aren't going to pay him what he asks. It's not happening.

3 hours ago, Armsteeld2 said:

I’m praying he doesn’t play for us this season just to watch this board implode.

The board is far more likely to implode due to poor playcalling, bad coaching decisions and terrible defensive play than how we play without LeVeon.

Anyway, still waiting to hear the logic about how RBs are just as important as QBs.

6 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

The board is far more likely to implode due to poor playcalling, bad coaching decisions and terrible defensive play than how we play without LeVeon.

For the most part this board is pretty smart in knowing who to put the blame on. 

Archived