Nelson Agholor Hype Status: Phoenix Personified

Kiltman

I haven't seen a WR with this much talent since Fred-ex. Bright days are ahead for our man Carson. Throwing to a true #1 redzone threat Alshon, a Nelson Agholor that has allowed himself and his game to get completely torn apart only so that he can rebuild it stronger than ever before, and a man with GOAT blood in his veins. 

I feel like every TC, Agholor plays pretty well.  I've always thought that he looks good getting in and out of his breaks, he can get some separation, it's just the lack of reliability that has really hurt him.  I still remember his rookie year, we played the Jets and he shook Revis (obviously, not prime Revis, but still a solid corner) a few times, but Bradford hardly looked his way.  Hopefully he's piecing it all together, he's a good dude, I'd like to see him succeed.     

Did your eyes go right to slot receiver? In my opinion, that's what it should look like. In reality, I think they've already sold themselves on Nelson Agholor as the top slot guy.

Kempsi on today's unofficial depth chart.

13 minutes ago, Phire said:

If that's the case that's a pretty strong indicator. 

Eh. I'll trust the majority over one guys opinion.

Plus, Kempski seems like he's mainly focusing on Agholor's drops when talking about him not being consistent.

There are more aspects to playing receiver than just catching.

Like from all the commentary over the the summer it sounds like he's made significant strides in his route running and releases.

Expecting someone to be suddenly have much better hands isn't reasonable. Maybe I'm wrong, but it seems like you can only improve so much if you don't have natural/soft hands. 

What we should look for is to see if Nelson has improved on his strength which is quickness and it certainly seems like he has with how he's bettered his route running and releases like I mentioned before.

Terrell Owens was notorious for his drops, but the guy made so many plays and was so strong in other areas that he more than made up for it.

Nelson just needs to make more plays to help make up for not having great hands.

You think fans lament on Demaryius Thomas' drop rate? Travis Kelce? Mike Evans? Brandon Marshall? Michael Crabtree? Julian Edelman? Martvis Bryant? Randall Cobb (doesn't apply for 2016 but the 2 years before hew as near 5%)?

No, cause those guys make plays and improve their teams despite not having the best drop rate.

Speaking of drop rates.

Nelson's was horrid his rookie year at 9.1%.

It then dropped to 5.8% last year which is still real bad.

Amari Cooper's as a rookie was 7.7%, but dropped to 2.3% in his 2nd season.

I can't imagine Agholor being in the 1% or 2% range, but if he could be in the high 3% range like 3.8 or 3.9 that would be great. If he is even in the low 4% that would be good.

18 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Eh. I'll trust the majority over one guys opinion.

Lost in translation slightly here; I agree with you on the points you made, but I was implying (and did a poor job doing so) that the guy who has been the most hesitant on Agholor is also the guy who thinks the team is buying into him. I think that says something.

1 hour ago, jonu62882 said:

I think it's time, fellas.  Nelson Agholor vs Randy Moss vs Fred-Ex comparison poll...

But Fred-Ex v Moss was already decided. Would be redundant to poll again. And Agholor over Moss so... 

Archived