Nelson Agholor Hype Status: Phoenix Personified

Kiltman

16 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Fans need to cool their jets on young players and give them time to develop. 

Also, I don't want to preach like I'm not guilty of this too. I mean just look at how critical I was of Wentz when he didn't get off to a great start to his sophomore campaign a few weeks ago.The difference is I don't go out of my way to rag on Wentz in person or on social media like a lot of fans did to Agholor and other players.

Wouldn't be Eagle Fans if this didn't occur. Unrealistic expectations are always the Norm. Especially with New Players. The minute he didn't look like OBJ in his rookie year, it was over. He became the Horse with 90% of the fan base!!!

Sad really!

It seems pretty obvious now that Agholors struggles had mostly to do with mental errors and low confidence, etc.  And I think that the staff , especially Doug, has to get props for sticking with him. Also, for acknowledging what was wrong and addressing it. Like it was said, I think the Matthews trade was a signal to Nelson from the team that they think he can be a very good player in this league.

And as the article Phire posted said....Pederson has mentioned how much more confident Agholor has been this year. He's got more swag, he's not in his own head, And he's finally having fun outchea. 

I'm all aboard the Agholor hype train. 

1 hour ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

In just 6 games, Nelson "The Phoenix" Agholor has matched half of his overall production from his first 2 seasons.

2017 (6 games)

27 catches, 311 yards, 4 TDs

2015-16 (28 games)

59 receptions, 648 yards, 3 TDs

Wentz admitted in the post game interview that he missed Agholor who was left uncovered. He could've took that for a ton of YAC and possibly like a 70 yard TD.

• 3 months later...

I don't know if there is a player I've made this much of a turnaround on...not that you ever disliked Nelly...but he became THE guy I always wanted to see touch the ball this season because of what he could do with it after it was in his hands,

7 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

To future self, one or two years does not define a career. Some players get better. Some get worse. Give these guys time. 

So glad the coaches stayed patient on Nelson. I hope he keeps getting better and is here for a long time.

B-Rex too, another "bust" that developed into a crucial piece for champion team.

24 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:
25 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

B-Rex too, another "bust" that developed into a crucial piece for champion team.

I was just thinking that too. Is Nelson Agholor the Brandon Graham of the offense? I hope so.

It's the impatience of the Young. Everyone looking for immediate impact. When in fact Patience is a Virtue.

I remember arguing for both and being stone walled and criticized left and right because BG wasn't the 2nd coming of JPP and Agholor wasn't OBJ.

So what! There's more than instant gratification. We just found that out 10 fold!!. We don't sniff a SB  without...

Graham

Agholor

Ertz

Foles

Archived