Is CJ Mosley elite?

AFlaccoSeagulls

So yeah in that thread not only did I make the argument before you did (albeit an implication), I then agreed with you that he needed to lose weight, not gain weight. My argument, as I suspected, has been consistent the entire time :D

I think what's really absurd is the notion that putting a better player around Mosley with Mosley at that same weight will make Mosley play better. That, to me, is absurd.

1 hour ago, Darth Pees said:

So yeah in that thread not only did I make the argument before you did (albeit an implication), I then agreed with you that he needed to lose weight, not gain weight. My argument, as I suspected, has been consistent the entire time :D

I think what's really absurd is the notion that putting a better player around Mosley with Mosley at that same weight will make Mosley play better. That, to me, is absurd.

1. No where in that thread did you state that was your position. Nor did you agree with that position.

2. The whole point of my earlier post was, again, satire. Again, mixing claims stated and not stated by you and running away with it to an egregious extent.

3. I only do this to show how absurd it is when someone feigns outrage over claims that are never made in a post to begin with, all while competently mixing them in with stated claims, thus bluring the lines between the focal point of their argument.

4. One could only classify such as strawman trolling, which I would define as an evolved form of trolling where one intelligently waits to insert a created strawman into a response of another’s statement to sow discord.

5. That’s actually kind of a compliment. Because as SnA Exclusive, the trolling was much more obvious. You’ve clearly reinvented your posting style to create a similar result all while being subtle enough that it’s not immediately noticeable. In fact, I didn’t notice it until quite recently. I’m legit impressed. Kudos.?

edit: In terms of CJ Mosley, he indeed does need to lose weight such as I’ve stated.

With regard to it not making sense how the DL not practicing gap integrity or a running mate being able to take on 300lbs blockers occasionally can affect a Defenders durability at 235 lbs, one only has to visit Ray Lewis statements on that subject from back in 2005. It’s why the Ravens drafted Haloti Ngata at the time. A big dominant defender that would practice gap integrity, dominate double teams, and free up Lewis to make plays.

Football is a team sport. The DL and LBs have a symbiotic relationship where each unit will effect how the other plays. That still doesn’t excuse the individual performer from maximizing his efficiency however. Which is the same point I’ve made from the beginning.

I only acknowledge that for the UNIT to become elite, the DL needs to practice better gap integrity on run downs; We need a pass rushing threat to develop on the DL for passing downs. Our ILB#2 needs to be stronger upfront so as to alleviate physical stress on Mosley from blockers when runs are flowing away from his side; and Mosley needs to lose weight to better cover on passing downs.

Just because Mosley needs to lose weight doesn’t inherently mean the other statements are inaccurate. Nor does it mean that Mosley is being excused for his part because the other parts need to equally be taken care of.

51 minutes ago, RavensfanRD said:

Casuals have ruined the world "Elite". Makes me rage hearing it and seeing it in today's society. Made the word lose all meaning.

E-LEET SPEED

E-LEET CATCHING

FOH Meatball!

Ugh..

Oh, on topic, Mosley ard. Elite? lol, no. But he ard.

True. I think elite has been replaced with HOF and GOAT. So a player who is truly epic is no longer an elite player, he now becomes the GOAT, even if he’s simply a top 3 player at his position at the moment. But hey, what’s in a word, right?

On 3/31/2018 at 12:15 AM, diamondbull424 said:

With regard to it not making sense how the DL not practicing gap integrity or a running mate being able to take on 300lbs blockers occasionally can affect a Defenders durability at 235 lbs, one only has to visit Ray Lewis statements on that subject from back in 2005. It’s why the Ravens drafted Haloti Ngata at the time. A big dominant defender that would practice gap integrity, dominate double teams, and free up Lewis to make plays.

Still can't believe we traded our 6th rounder to the Browns so we could reach on Ngata and miss out on Wimbley.  They really pantsed us on that one...

;)

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, berlin calling said:

so after this extension

i am fully expecting Mosley to get 5y / 60m with 30m guaranteed.

Random, but I just remember loving his brother Mychal Kendricks in the draft. Thought he was the perfect type of linebacker for the new NFL.

In terms of Mosley, I could see the Ravens giving him more guaranteed money but a lesser deal. Such as 5 yrs/$50m with 35m guaranteed. We’ve usually opted for more guaranteed money in lieu of paying the highest number, when we can. Though Mosley’s durability might have us do the opposite and do your 5 yrs/$60m with 20m guaranteed and durability and production incentives.

well there are 2 sides to agree on a contract. wouldn't trust Mosley to give the Ravens a discount. why should he, his QB showed him how to do it. play out this year and put the pressure on your team to offer you what you want or let them tag you for big money. he def. will exceed aforementioned contract of Kendricks in both total and guaranteed money easily. which i am lukewarm of but it will happen.

to me its the same as with QB contracts, every new contract (for an arguably top10ish player) tops the last one.

pending the coming draft Mosley holds all leverage. who else is on the roster capable of replacing him? right, no-one.

can't see him sign for less, although i wish he would.

28 minutes ago, berlin calling said:

to me its the same as with QB contracts, every new contract (for an arguably top10ish player) tops the last one.

pending the coming draft Mosley holds all leverage. who else is on the roster capable of replacing him? right, no-one.

can't see him sign for less, although i wish he would.

Why not just draft a replacement and thank him for the comp pick on his way out? MLB seems to be a position that we not only draft well at, but find gems at with UDFA's quite frequently.

Archived