Is CJ Mosley elite?

AFlaccoSeagulls

9 hours ago, berlin calling said:

as i said, pending the coming draft. if they draft a MLB high they gain leverage in contract talks with Mosley, sure thing.

I was referring to drafting a guy next year. Though to be fair I'm not sure what the MLB class looks like next year, so it may not be a sure thing. But paying Mosley that much money right now really scares me given his level of play on the field this past year.

i hope we fans are in for a reality check in just how poor Pees ran his D.

i could see career years for several underperformers (Mosley included although i think he is a top5 backer imho) just as much as i can see the same mental mistakes and poor performances. how nice would it be to have a coordinator again coaching his players up.

in fact i hope Martindale gets the best out of Mosley so he earns his 2nd contract and gets top LB money. just to show he is capable of being the captain of this D.

If we should take anything from Ken McKusik (filmstudy), the main difference between Rex Ryans and Dean Pees defenses where how aggressive Ryans defenses was. While Dean Pees did well in the statistics department, the ability to close games was what really hurt is several times.

Back with Ryan we would rather "lose" the game on defense when trying to win by making a big play. I remember that as being a frustration back then. "why oh why blitz 6 people on 3 and 5 on the last drive when we are ahead".

It all depends on what kind of frustration we want.

1 hour ago, Danand said:

If we should take anything from Ken McKusik (filmstudy), the main difference between Rex Ryans and Dean Pees defenses where how aggressive Ryans defenses was. While Dean Pees did well in the statistics department, the ability to close games was what really hurt is several times.

Back with Ryan we would rather "lose" the game on defense when trying to win by making a big play. I remember that as being a frustration back then. "why oh why blitz 6 people on 3 and 5 on the last drive when we are ahead".

It all depends on what kind of frustration we want.

I do agree about the pick your poison part, but Rex Ryan was notorious for his prevent D at the end of games, which caused us tk lose because of it.

We would generally lose late game leads, not because he was blitzing, but because he would stop dialing up the blitz and allow QBs to get comfortable and pick our defense apart like they hadn’t done all game long.

Which would then leave Corey Ivy and Frank Walker left looking like they were inside of an Atlantic City elevator with a drunk Ray Rice.

That was the real reason Chuck Pagano was so valuable, because he wouldn’t switch up his defensive strategy late in games. If he lived by that sword all game, he would die by it. Tbh I’d rather trust Dean Pees late in games over Rex Ryan, he was the epitome of anti-clutch, I’ll never forget that lost to New England that could’ve ended their perfect regular season, only to lose because of his stupid TO call, that he never did at any other time. ?‍♀️ 

2 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

Tbh I’d rather trust Dean Pees late in games over Rex Ryan, he was the epitome of anti-clutch, I’ll never forget that lost to New England that could’ve ended their perfect regular season, only to lose because of his stupid TO call, that he never did at any other time. ?‍♀️ 

I'll never forget how our last 2 seasons have ended though. I wonder which coordinator has better statistics in the last 2 minutes of games with a lead.

Archived