5 Possibilities for Pick No. 14 in the 2018 NFL Draft

Bob Fox

19 hours ago, Gopackgonerd said:

Our pass rush wasn't THAT bad C'mon now lol. We were 17th in sacks. Good Quarterbacks can get the balls out of their hands fast too, it goes both ways, you need a balance of good pass rush and coverage.  But that secondary you bolded.... man we'd be one of the best defenses with that trio no question. 

Sorry, but our pass rush was that bad. How many of those sacks were because the QB didn't find anyone open. How many time did we get immediate pressure on the QB. We need a serious pass rush upgrade. Now, I think Daniels will be better. He's pulled a leg muscle after being unblockable in the first game. I thought he was primed for a monster season. Clark was getting a lot better at pushing the pocket. Wilkerson can rush the passer. Lowry will continue to improve and Adams has a chance to make a real second year leap. 

The EDGE rushers are all question market. Perry, can he stay healthy. Matthews has an issue with Father time catching up to him. The rest are JAGS. 

52 minutes ago, Golfman said:

Sorry, but our pass rush was that bad. How many of those sacks were because the QB didn't find anyone open. How many time did we get immediate pressure on the QB. We need a serious pass rush upgrade. Now, I think Daniels will be better. He's pulled a leg muscle after being unblockable in the first game. I thought he was primed for a monster season. Clark was getting a lot better at pushing the pocket. Wilkerson can rush the passer. Lowry will continue to improve and Adams has a chance to make a real second year leap. 

The EDGE rushers are all question market. Perry, can he stay healthy. Matthews has an issue with Father time catching up to him. The rest are JAGS. 

We'll have to agree to disagree about the pass rush then, I'm just not convinced it was that bad.

You can make the point for having JAGs in the secondary as well, maybe even worse than JAGS, behind King and Tramon. I still think for me, with secondary giving up 29th most TDs through the air with 30 last year, 23rd in yards, losing Randall and Burnett, it's a more pressing need. Though like I said I'm not opposed to taking a EDGE early, I just want both positions addressed early if the board falls to us in our favor.

On 4/11/2018 at 4:47 PM, Gopackgonerd said:

We'll have to agree to disagree about the pass rush then, I'm just not convinced it was that bad.

You can make the point for having JAGs in the secondary as well, maybe even worse than JAGS, behind King and Tramon. I still think for me, with secondary giving up 29th most TDs through the air with 30 last year, 23rd in yards, losing Randall and Burnett, it's a more pressing need. Though like I said I'm not opposed to taking a EDGE early, I just want both positions addressed early if the board falls to us in our favor.

Fair enough and if we go EDGE, CB or CB, EDGE in rounds 1, 2 I won't be upset. If we go offense, offense, I'll be livid however. 

9 hours ago, Golfman said:

Fair enough and if we go EDGE, CB or CB, EDGE in rounds 1, 2 I won't be upset. If we go offense, offense, I'll be livid however. 

Feel the same way... but I’m starting to think we’ll end up with one of the tackles at 14.

Its gonna bum me right out.

4 hours ago, tredpack said:

Feel the same way... but I’m starting to think we’ll end up with one of the tackles at 14.

Its gonna bum me right out.

There isn't a tackle worthy of a top 20 pick IMO and would agree if we go there I'll be pissed. I may be in the minority but Spriggs started to show some promise prior to getting the season ender. Early in the year when he played he was over matched. 

46 minutes ago, Golfman said:

There ins't a tackle worthy of a top 20 pick IMO and would agree if we go there I'll be pissed. I may be in the minority but Spriggs started to show some promise prior to getting the season ender. Early in the year when he played he was overmatched. 

Spriggs looked good in the regular season. I'd bet there was a physical problem earlier.

. Kyle Murphy did too.

2 hours ago, spilltray said:

Spriggs looked good in the regular season. I'd bet there was a physical problem earlier.

. Kyle Murphy did too.

I forgot about Murphy. We have, IMO, several options at tackle, but CB and EDGE not so much. Plus, I'm just not a fan of first round offensive linemen, even LT

Archived