Post Su’a Mock

LoganF89

As you all know my favorite part of this forum is seeing everyone’s mock drafts, I make a bunch so I just like to share

if we sign Hankins then this is subject to change but here we go!

Trade, Washington trades 13 to the Chargers for 17 and a 3rd why? Josh Allen is still on the board with the cardinals waiting on him, Chargers trade up and take their QB of the future. Vita Vea is gone to the raiders so we make the trade

1 Derrius Guice RB LSU- finally we land a game changing running back, and a 3rd round pick, I would of liked to trade further down but feel like Guice wouldn’t make it past Detroit

2 Billy Price OG Ohio St.- he falls due to the injury but we get lucky and scoop him up, get lucky like how we did with John Allen last year

3 Tim Settle NT VT- now some will say he’s gonna go in the 2nd but I think he makes it to us in the 3rd, didn’t have the best combine, but on tape the guy can PLAY!

4 Terrel Edmunds S VT- another guy that could go anywhere between rounds 3-4, we need depth at S, I think he’s more of a SS but with the Su’a trade we can use him

5 Antonio Callaway WR Florida- I have him in a lot of mocks bc he can be a big time player, yes he had the off the field issues but if it’s BPA he’s too much value in my eyes to pass on

5 Lowell Lotulelei DT UTAH- We need beef up front as B Mitch would say. If we can get him then I would cut Ziggy

6 Deatrick Nichols CB South Florida- I will say honestly I don’t know too much on him other than some highlights and we could use another corner with fuller gone and scandrick injury prone and only here 2 years

7 KC McDermott OT Miami- O line depth we need, being a Miami fan I watched him a lot and he was the most dominate O lineman on that team

7 Braxton Berrios WR Miami- he’s projected a slot guy due to his size and speed and I know we have crowder but I loved watching this kid! Reminds me so much of Wes welker!

There it is fellas, I’m sure you will see another one from me before it’s all said and done, only positions that I didn’t address that I could see us possibly doing is getting an OLB or ILB but we have depth at those positions already for next year so we can always target them next year

rough look at our depth chart

QB Smith/Mccoy

RB Guice/Perine/Thompson

WR Doctson/Callaway

Slot Crowder/Berrios

WR Richardson/Harris

TE Reed/Davis/Sprinkle

LT Williams/Nsekhe

LG Price/Kuandjio

C Rollier

RG Schereff/Catalina

RT Moses/Mcdermott

DE Allen/Lanier

NT Settle/Lotulelei

DE Ionidis/McGee 

OLB Kerrigan/Anderson

ILB Brown/Speight/Vigil

ILB Foster/Harvey-Clemons

OLB Smith/Mcphee

CB Norman/Dunbar/Holsey

SLOT Scandrick

CB Moreau/Nichols

FS Swearinger/Everett

SS Nicholson/Edmunds

Chargers aint trading up. Not happening. Its interesting. But they are not trading up. Rivers is still under contract for another 2 years and would count 7M in dead space in 2019 if he retires or is cut (highly unlikely). 

The only team likely to trade up is the Cardinals, but with Bradford under contract for 2 years, I don't think they are in dire need of a QB. 

Also, I believe this team is not going to take a WR at all. I think they want to have real good looks at Robert Davis and Maurice Harris. Frankly so do I. 

Would love to see a development QB somewhere on the roster. 

I would take this draft. 

16 hours ago, mike23md said:

Chargers aint trading up. Not happening. Its interesting. But they are not trading up. Rivers is still under contract for another 2 years and would count 7M in dead space in 2019 if he retires or is cut (highly unlikely). 

The only team likely to trade up is the Cardinals, but with Bradford under contract for 2 years, I don't think they are in dire need of a QB. 

Also, I believe this team is not going to take a WR at all. I think they want to have real good looks at Robert Davis and Maurice Harris. Frankly so do I. 

Would love to see a development QB somewhere on the roster. 

I would take this draft. 

I think the chargers would be a team interested in trading up for a QB, it’s essentially the same thing that their division rivals KC, did when they traded up more Mahomes when they already had smith, do I think it would happen, who knows, is it a possibility? Definitely 

I want to see Harris get more of a chance and would like to see Davis get some reps as well but if your content with going into the season with doctson Richardson crowder, and basically unknown guys who couldn’t make the roster for the whole season last year when we litterally had nothing at WR that’s on you, if Callaway is there in the 5th he’s instantly our number 4

7 hours ago, LoganF89 said:

I think the chargers would be a team interested in trading up for a QB, it’s essentially the same thing that their division rivals KC, did when they traded up more Mahomes when they already had smith, do I think it would happen, who knows, is it a possibility? Definitely 

I want to see Harris get more of a chance and would like to see Davis get some reps as well but if your content with going into the season with doctson Richardson crowder, and basically unknown guys who couldn’t make the roster for the whole season last year when we litterally had nothing at WR that’s on you, if Callaway is there in the 5th he’s instantly our number 4

Reid knew that Alex Smith was a stop gap. Its why he drafted Mahomes. It was one of the last older pieces on the roster that had a year left. Much like Derrick Johnson, Tamba Hali, and Jeremy Maclin were all not brought back. 

Is it possible the Chargers move up? Sure. I don't see it considering the Chargers are on the cusp of turning that corner. They have to be to give it a go in the AFC West. 

BTW, the trade chart was made years ago and teams don't necessarily use that but it is a good reference to see if you are getting a fair shake. if the Chargers were going to move up, I could see them adding a little more to the pot. i.e., 1st, 3rd, and a 2019 3rd or 4th. Considering this was a 2018 mock, the 2019 picks dont necessarily matter. 

Like I said, I would take the mock. 

On 3/29/2018 at 8:35 AM, mike23md said:

Disagree on this front: I think you and I (and I have to assume the Cardinals' front office) all know that seeing Sam Bradford start for 32 straight games is HIGHLY unlikely. Heck, it is very likely that he sees only 60% or less of those potential starts. To that end, if you think Josh Allen needs time to acclimate to the NFL (we'll see), having Bradford and Mike Glennon as short term bridging players might make for a smart strategy.

@LoganF89 - just out of curiosity, what do you think the Packers, Cardinals, and Ravens do at 14, 15, and 16 if the Chargers trade up for Allen? In other words, who do you think we would miss out on by dropping down 4 spaces? Who is still on the board at 17 beyond Guice?

10 minutes ago, Woz said:

Disagree on this front: I think you and I (and I have to assume the Cardinals' front office) all know that seeing Sam Bradford start for 32 straight games is HIGHLY unlikely. Heck, it is very likely that he sees only 60% or less of those potential starts. To that end, if you think Josh Allen needs time to acclimate to the NFL (we'll see), having Bradford and Mike Glennon as short term bridging players might make for a smart strategy.

@LoganF89 - just out of curiosity, what do you think the Packers, Cardinals, and Ravens do at 14, 15, and 16 if the Chargers trade up for Allen? In other words, who do you think we would miss out on by dropping down 4 spaces? Who is still on the board at 17 beyond Guice?

Green Bay I think goes Davenport or Alexander

Arizona I think goes Mcglichey at OT

Baltimore goes Ridley

Archived