Post Su’a Mock

LoganF89

13 minutes ago, LoganF89 said:

With josh Jackson, Da’Ron Payne, Will Hernandez, Rashawn Evans still there

Yeah ... I like any of those four options better than Guice at 17, especially when we have a 3rd round pick back to address the RB position.

47 minutes ago, Woz said:

Yeah ... I like any of those four options better than Guice at 17, especially when we have a 3rd round pick back to address the RB position.

I like Hernandez and Da’Ron out of the 4 but honestly I want the golden pony and I think outside of Barkley that guice is the best thing at runningback 

Hernandez at 17 would be a bit of a reach, but I could see him going at 21 to the Bengals. Payne would be good value. Rashaan Evans would also be a great addition but not at 17. 

Guice would be prime at 17 so long as another team doesnt grab him. 

@Woz Josh Jackson had a bad combine which has pushed him to the latter end of the 1st round. While I prefer to value tape more than testing numbers in a vaccuum, it is what it is. Jackson at 17 would be a big reach. 

I would be perfectly fine with Guice or James at 13 and then look at Settle at 2.12. 

Need to quit getting caught up in values, I hate when people look at it that way. Almost everyone does it though. I never have cared what the media "experts" say. There are players that outperform and underperform their draft position every year. 

If you think a player is going to help your franchise and everyone says he should  go 15 picks later and you can't trade down, you should take the player. Do what you think is best for your team regardless of where others have them ranked 

On 3/31/2018 at 8:13 PM, mike23md said:

@Woz Josh Jackson had a bad combine which has pushed him to the latter end of the 1st round. While I prefer to value tape more than testing numbers in a vaccuum, it is what it is. Jackson at 17 would be a big reach. 

A bad Combine pushes him all the way down to the end of the first? A bunch of drills? Hmmm ... alright, but that feels like a mistake ... *shrug*

If the Redskins were just a RB away from serious contention, then I would be in favor of making the move for Guice. However, they're not. Given that there are better need/value matches at other positions at 17 that are harder to fill than a runningback, I feel like that going RB is a mistake. Have I resigned myself to the idea they'll take Guice at 13 (or in this case 17)? Yes. Still think it will be an unforced error, though.

58 minutes ago, Woz said:

A bad Combine pushes him all the way down to the end of the first? A bunch of drills? Hmmm ... alright, but that feels like a mistake ... *shrug*

If the Redskins were just a RB away from serious contention, then I would be in favor of making the move for Guice. However, they're not. Given that there are better need/value matches at other positions at 17 that are harder to fill than a runningback, I feel like that going RB is a mistake. Have I resigned myself to the idea they'll take Guice at 13 (or in this case 17)? Yes. Still think it will be an unforced error, though.

@Woz yes, a bad combine can affect a lot of people who hold value in the physical attributes. A good GM should look at the game tape and verify that the numbers are relative. If not, what happened. 

Had a stellar 2017. 27 passes defensed, with 8 INT's, where have we seen this before? (David Amerson)

Has only 14 starts under his belt at Iowa. He doesn't have the long speed that is good for when WR's give him LOS fake or double move and he has to chase and recover. Bites a lot. a 4.56 40 indicates a slow burst. Lateral movement is good but could be improved. 

His best attribute is either to press man at the LOS to manipulate WR routes or to back off and play zone. I would not trust him on an island. 

2 minutes ago, mike23md said:

His best attribute is either to press man at the LOS to manipulate WR routes or to back off and play zone. I would not trust him on an island. 

Okay, fair enough.

Archived