Non-QBs projected to go high in the draft that you are not sold on

VanS

Just now, MWil23 said:

Can I get an explanation on this one? Just curious as to your reasoning. I have him as my safest pick in the draft as an OG.

Athleticism and movement skills. Almost all the top guards in the league move way better than him. And most of them were tackles in college. I feel like I’m watching Chance Warmack all over again

43 minutes ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

I think he’s safe. He’s almost certainly going to be a great run defender. But he doesn’t offer a whole lot in the pass game and IMO that’s not worth where he’s projected 

Vea gets excellent pressure for a man his size. This isn't Danny Shelton. The dude has a motor in addition to being unblockable. Out of any pure NT's that I can remember, he's the best at rushing the passer. I actually like Vea more than I liked Haloti Ngata coming out. He isn't Aaron Donald or even Ndamukong Suh as a pass rusher, but he's more than adequate in that area in addition to being ELITE against the run.

41 minutes ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

Athleticism and movement skills. Almost all the top guards in the league move way better than him. And most of them were tackles in college. I feel like I’m watching Chance Warmack all over again

Except Warmack was sloppy as hell both physically and with his technique. Warmack constantly lunge blocked and was never a great pass blocker. Nelson literally has no flaws in his game. I have no idea why you hold this opinion. There is literally no tape of Nelson struggling to mirror speed and athleticism in pass protection or in the run game. I saw him struggle 2x in 7 game tapes. One was on a screen pass where he overshot the block and got beaten back inside by the DB/LB. Then again on an outside pull where he had no angle to make the block. Then there's every other snap, where he's dominating and throwing people around like ragdolls. I was a huge Chance Warmack fan, but he had a lot of issues that I was willing to overlook because of his power in run blocking. Quinton Nelson doesn't have those flaws. Lazy comparison.

49 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

Vea gets excellent pressure for a man his size. This isn't Danny Shelton. The dude has a motor in addition to being unblockable. Out of any pure NT's that I can remember, he's the best at rushing the passer. I actually like Vea more than I liked Haloti Ngata coming out. He isn't Aaron Donald or even Ndamukong Suh as a pass rusher, but he's more than adequate in that area in addition to being ELITE against the run.

Does he though?  My only issue with Vea is his relatively low TFLs during his best season compared to other NT prospects that have come out.

I like Ward but he scares me with how grab-happy he is.  Eli (gr)Apple was also like this coming out of Ohio State while Lattimore was not.

Not sold on Taven Bryan.  Too much variance from his good tape to bad IMO.  I hate seeing that.

DJ Chark.

1 hour ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

Except for the part where Quenton Nelson has one of the best athletic profiles for a guard prospect (33rd all-time according to RAS) and Chance Warmack didn't even test as average, this makes perfect sense.

You know, except the part that's completely wrong.

13 minutes ago, Da_Ducktator said:

You know, except the part that's completely wrong.

SickUnfinishedArgali-size_restricted.gif

And how how did they come to the conclusion that a guy who doesn’t have a recorded 40, a 26.5 vert, and sub 9’ broad is one of the most athletic guys to play the position? I know I should just accept RAS who I’ve never heard ofs  metrics. But just for the hell of it, explain it to me 

46 minutes ago, BigD88 said:

I like Ward but he scares me with how grab-happy he is.  Eli (gr)Apple was also like this coming out of Ohio State while Lattimore was not.

Almost all CBs coming out of college are grabby because the rules allow it. Ward has the speed and ability to not NEED it.  Whether he can learn is another story.

7 hours ago, jebrick said:

Calloway should go in the 5th round due to his serious red flags.  Great talent but not a great person.  Ridley is the best route runner of the bunch.  This is a very weak WR class.

Well I have Antonio Callaway rated as a top 5 overall player in this class so I would definitely take him much earlier than the 5th round.  With a guy of his talent level, I'm gonna take a chance on him.  Plus I don't think his off-field issues make him as much of a lost cause as most people make him out to be.  I believe he can turn it around.

2 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Can I get an explanation on this one? Just curious as to your reasoning. I have him as my safest pick in the draft as an OG.

Probably athleticism related.  Quenton Nelson is not a good athlete.  So that is a knock.  I think he's a good OG prospect.  However, I don't think he's the generational talent people have made him out to be.  My NFL comp for him would be Zach Martin.  And I would take him in the same range Zach Martin ultimately went (10-15).  He's not worthy of being the top 5-10 pick people hyped him up to be early on.

57 minutes ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

SickUnfinishedArgali-size_restricted.gif

And how how did they come to the conclusion that a guy who doesn’t have a recorded 40, a 26.5 vert, and sub 9’ broad is one of the most athletic guys to play the position? I know I should just accept RAS who I’ve never heard ofs  metrics. But just for the hell of it, explain it to me 

A: Could just try to google and you'll be able to come across this in regards to RAS. Weird how the only guys to with higher RAS scores than Nelson at OG that were drafted high all turned out good. It's almost as if Nelson tested near elite at the position and even better than some of the elites at the position who had no forty (Zack Martin) or a subpar forty (Kevin Zeitler).

B: Okay, the vertical is below average, but he did multiple other tests that all land in the 70+ percentile. For a man that is as big as he is, to have 70+ percentile in the broad jump, 20-yard shuttle, and 3-cone drill is pretty special. Again, it's odd how Nelson is a bigger man yet measures up across the board with the testing Zack Martin had.

But yea, Nelson isn't a great athlete 9_9

Archived