1.3 - Indianapolis Colts - Bradley Chubb, EDGE, N.C. State

1.4 - Cleveland Browns - Josh Rosen, QB, UCLA

1.5 - Denver Broncos - Quenton Nelson, G, Notre Dame

1.6 - New York Jets - Baker Mayfield, QB, Oklahoma

1.7 - Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Minkah Fitzpatrick, DB, Alabama

1.8 - Chicago Bears - Tremaine Edmunds, LB, Virginia Tech

1.9 - San Francisco 49ers - Derwin James, S, Florida State

1.10 - Oakland Raiders - ?

I went with Roquan Smith. Seems like a guy Gruden would love. This is an interesting team though. They went DB in the 1st round the last two years but it’s still a need. Vea might be in play but I think they are happy with Vanderdoes playing the same position. I do think Harold Landry goes higher than many are predicting and this could be a spot for him. Honestly, no idea what the raiders do here haha. So many good choices for them.

20 minutes ago, SeanTayorsaPIMP said:

I went with Roquan Smith. Seems like a guy Gruden would love. This is an interesting team though. They went DB in the 1st round the last two years but it’s still a need. Vea might be in play but I think they are happy with Vanderdoes playing the same position. I do think Harold Landry goes higher than many are predicting and this could be a spot for him. Honestly, no idea what the raiders do here haha. So many good choices for them.

Their linebackers not named Mack are pretty meh. Smith is the best option on the board. But I think if Payne were there, given his combine performance, he'd be the Raiders favorite.

[EDIT: For the record I did all of this without looking at the votes or previous comments. I'm amused how my analysis looks vis a vis the vote totals]

DraftTek's projected needs for Oakland (as of March 18): http://www.drafttek.com/teamneeds2018.asp

• no 1s ("This is the absolutely highest priority team positional need. If a player position (PP) is assigned a P1 code, the program will reach to fill the need.")
  • 2s ("P2 indicate that the that the team is in great need of starting caliber talent and will reach to fill the need. The reach isn't quite as great as P1.")
    • OT
    • DL3T ( "3-Technique" Defensive Lineman responsible for 1-gap penetration. Generally the DL3T represents the weakside DT in a 4-3 alignment.)
    • ILB
    • CB

CBS's projected needs for Oakland (as of March 29): https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2018-nfl-draft-needs-roster-holes-broncos-raiders-chiefs-chargers-still-need-to-address/

1. Right tackle
  2. Middle linebacker
  3. Cornerback
  4. Outside linebacker
  5. Wide receiver
  6. Defensive tackle
  7. Running back

Walter Football's projected needs for Oakland (unclear date, only listing the top five as Walter goes 12 deep): http://walterfootball.com/offseason2018oak.php

1. Three linebackers [have signed three: Tahir Whitehead, Kyle Wilber, and Emmanuel Lamur]
  2. Two cornerbacks [have signed two: Rashaan Melvin and Shareece Wright]
  3. Two offensive tackles
  4. Two defensive tackles [re-signed Justin Ellis]
  5. Running back

So, three different sites, three general thoughts: OT, ILB, DT, and CB. Good news: top quality at all three spots.

Rankings

• DraftTek
    • Best available OT: Mike McGlinchey (13)
    • Best available DT [giving two answers since DraftTek splits defensive linemen pretty fine]
      • DL1T - Vita Vea (19)
      • DL3T - Taven Bryan (24)
    • Best available ILB: Roquan Smith (14)
    • Best available CB: Denzel Ward (7)
  • CBS
    • Best available OT: Orlando Brown (26) [yes you read that correctly: McGlinchey is CBS's 4th best OT at 35, behind Kolton Miller (28) and Connor Williams (30)]
    • Best available DT: Maurice Hurst (7) [Bryan is 17, Via is 18]
    • Best available ILB: Roquan Smith (4)
    • Best available CB: Joshua Jackson (9) [Jaire Alexander is 11, Ward is 13]
  • Walter
    • Best available OT: Mike McGlinchey (18)
    • Best available DT: Vita Vea (4)
    • Best available ILB: Roquan Smith (11)
    • Best available CB: Joshua Jackson (10) [Ward is 12]
  • Best player at position
    • McGlinchey: 2 lists
    • Vea: 2 lists
    • Smith: 3 lists
    • Ward: 1 list
  • Average position
    • McGlinchey: 22.0
    • Vea: 13.7
    • Smith: 9.7
    • Ward: 10.7

I vote for Roquan Smith. He's the only one who is the unanimous pick as best remaining at his position and has the lowest average position on the lists.

18 hours ago, Woz said:

[EDIT: For the record I did all of this without looking at the votes or previous comments. I'm amused how my analysis looks vis a vis the vote totals]

DraftTek's projected needs for Oakland (as of March 18): http://www.drafttek.com/teamneeds2018.asp

• no 1s ("This is the absolutely highest priority team positional need. If a player position (PP) is assigned a P1 code, the program will reach to fill the need.")
  • 2s ("P2 indicate that the that the team is in great need of starting caliber talent and will reach to fill the need. The reach isn't quite as great as P1.")
    • OT
    • DL3T ( "3-Technique" Defensive Lineman responsible for 1-gap penetration. Generally the DL3T represents the weakside DT in a 4-3 alignment.)
    • ILB
    • CB

CBS's projected needs for Oakland (as of March 29): https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2018-nfl-draft-needs-roster-holes-broncos-raiders-chiefs-chargers-still-need-to-address/

1. Right tackle
  2. Middle linebacker
  3. Cornerback
  4. Outside linebacker
  5. Wide receiver
  6. Defensive tackle
  7. Running back

Walter Football's projected needs for Oakland (unclear date, only listing the top five as Walter goes 12 deep): http://walterfootball.com/offseason2018oak.php

1. Three linebackers [have signed three: Tahir Whitehead, Kyle Wilber, and Emmanuel Lamur]
  2. Two cornerbacks [have signed two: Rashaan Melvin and Shareece Wright]
  3. Two offensive tackles
  4. Two defensive tackles [re-signed Justin Ellis]
  5. Running back

So, three different sites, three general thoughts: OT, ILB, DT, and CB. Good news: top quality at all three spots.

Rankings

• DraftTek
    • Best available OT: Mike McGlinchey (13)
    • Best available DT [giving two answers since DraftTek splits defensive linemen pretty fine]
      • DL1T - Vita Vea (19)
      • DL3T - Taven Bryan (24)
    • Best available ILB: Roquan Smith (14)
    • Best available CB: Denzel Ward (7)
  • CBS
    • Best available OT: Orlando Brown (26) [yes you read that correctly: McGlinchey is CBS's 4th best OT at 35, behind Kolton Miller (28) and Connor Williams (30)]
    • Best available DT: Maurice Hurst (7) [Bryan is 17, Via is 18]
    • Best available ILB: Roquan Smith (4)
    • Best available CB: Joshua Jackson (9) [Jaire Alexander is 11, Ward is 13]
  • Walter
    • Best available OT: Mike McGlinchey (18)
    • Best available DT: Vita Vea (4)
    • Best available ILB: Roquan Smith (11)
    • Best available CB: Joshua Jackson (10) [Ward is 12]
  • Best player at position
    • McGlinchey: 2 lists
    • Vea: 2 lists
    • Smith: 3 lists
    • Ward: 1 list
  • Average position
    • McGlinchey: 22.0
    • Vea: 13.7
    • Smith: 9.7
    • Ward: 10.7

I vote for Roquan Smith. He's the only one who is the unanimous pick as best remaining at his position and has the lowest average position on the lists.

@Woz what do you think the Raiders biggest position of need is? 

On 3/31/2018 at 8:18 PM, mike23md said:

@Woz what do you think the Raiders biggest position of need is? 

I know next to nothing about their roster. But quickly just scanning names on NFL.com, I would say either LB or CB. Given that, I looked at what was available at each position. The dropoff from the best ILB to what might be available when they pick again is much more severe than what might be available corner.

Archived