• Tremaine Edmunds
    • M. Fitzpatrick
    • D. Ward
    • Roq. Smith
    • Trade 8 and 115 with Cardinals for their 15 and 47
    • H. Landry
    • Trade 8 with Buffalo for their 12 and 65

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/10/2018 at 03:24 AM

4 minutes ago, G08 said:

I honestly don't know WTF I want anymore.

That's good because whatever you want isn't likely to happen. 

We just fantasy talk with no power.

I was wanting A. Robinson and they got him so that was enough for me for an offseason.  Who they get in draft is who they get.

2018 isn't likely to be great anyway.  Too many guys coming off major 2017 injuries.  An all new Offensive staff who is also all new to each other and a whole new system for just about all the players.  .500 or close in 2018 and playoffs in 2019 is a more realistic goal.

On paper:

Rams, Philly, and NO all still look a lot better than the Bears even if they were to hit a homerun in draft.  

MN, Carolina, Dallas, and Atl could all contend.  Carolina and Dallas could go either way depending, but Atl and MN will almost def be good.

GB still has A. Rodgers.  Detroit's Stafford seems to be improving to one of better NFL qbs.

Just put 2018 down as a learning and building year.

My preferences right now (in order)

Tier 1:

1. Trade down, aim for Landry (or Josh Jackson if Landry is gone by 15).... use the early 2nd on an OL prospect with our first 2nd rounder, use the pick (47) from the trade on DJ Chark-WR

2. NelsonOG @ 8

------------------------------

Tier 2: This is where I'm more torn as to which I'd prefer

3a. Ward-CB @ 8

3b. Landry-OLB @ 8

------------------------------------

Tier 3:

4. Vita Vea-DL @8

5. Roquan-ILB @8

6. Edmunds-ILB @8

-------------------------------------

Tier 4:

7. Davenport-OLB  @8

7 minutes ago, G08 said:

I guess I'm going with Nelson. We'd have arguably the best interior line in football, and it opens up the 2nd round to a defensive pick (OLB, ILB, 5T, CB) 

You think Long can still play at a high level?  

Nelson might be just Long's replacement leaving you right where you were at.  I think they gambled on keeping Long and getting rid of Sitton.

We'll see how it works out.

1 minute ago, dll2000 said:

You think Long can still play at a high level?  

Nelson might be just Long's replacement leaving you right where you were at.  I think they gambled on keeping Long and getting rid of Sitton.

We'll see how it works out.

I don't doubt those genetics. He was one of our best OL last season and he was playing with one arm and one leg.

Just now, G08 said:

I don't doubt those genetics. He was one of our best OL last season and he was playing with one arm and one leg.

Tough guy, but he had off season neck surgery and may still have one more of those as he last one I saw said it was 2 of 3.  

I don't see any where where he ever had his labrum surgery that he put off last season.  You?  Sounds like he is skipping that again.

Going to be an ongoing thing.

All these surgeries means he isn't likely working out or not hard.

I think Bears should have made hard choice and kept Sitton, but I would be hard core like Belichick in personnel choices.   Hard to leave your humanity at the door though.  Easy to say and hard to do.   They screwed themselves playing him hurt in so many meaningless games last two seasons.  Saw this coming two years ago.  Maybe that's why they kept him, because its their fault he is so banged up.

@dll2000 Long, who underwent season-ending surgery on his neck Dec. 19, said this week during an interview with the "Carmen and Jurko" show on WMVP-AM 1000 that he would also undergo offseason surgery to address a torn labrum in his left shoulder, Dan Wiederer of the Chicago Tribune reports. "There's going to be some work done with [the labrum] for sure," Long said.

I'l take the AZ trade. 

But BUFwould be a close 2nd. If the QBs go early you would have a chance to still get a top prospect like Edmunds, R Smith, and OT,  Jackson/Ward, Davenport, Landry. One will be there. 

I might waggle and change my mind. Lol

3 minutes ago, G08 said:

@dll2000 Long, who underwent season-ending surgery on his neck Dec. 19, said this week during an interview with the "Carmen and Jurko" show on WMVP-AM 1000 that he would also undergo offseason surgery to address a torn labrum in his left shoulder, Dan Wiederer of the Chicago Tribune reports. "There's going to be some work done with [the labrum] for sure," Long said.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/bears/ct-spt-bears-kyle-long-surgery-20180131-story.html

Article and Long quote says he is done with off season surgery.  But then admits he has still some "minor stuff" to do.    Photo shows it is 2nd of 3 procedures.

And nothing that I see is out there saying he has had the labrum surgery.  So if he still has that to do, that isn't a minor surgery.

3 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

The Buffalo trade option is probably the best, but it is unlikely at this point. If they trade up, it will be with the Giants or Colts, I'd imagine. 

Depends on how the board falls and who they covet and who else they think might be gunning for their guy.  Nobody thought Bears would trade up and take MT last year after talking up Glennon as their guy.  Shocked everyone.  Nobody thought KC would trade up for a QB with a contending ready team and a solid starter, another shocker.

Anything could happen or not happen.  I just was looking for preferences if that scenario was presented.  

Archived