Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
SimbaWho

Mock Draft/Offseason v.2 (4 weeks till the Draft!)

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Signings:

 

-          Lions sign OL Luke Joeckel to a to a 2 year deal worth 5 million dollars, 1 million dollar signing bonus, 2 million dollar salary.

 

-          Lions sign DE/OLB Willie Young to a 2 year deal worth 5 million dollars, 1 million dollar signing bonus, 2 million dollar salary.

 

 

Trade:

 

Lions trade DL Kerry Hyder and DE Anthony Zettel to the Rams for a 3rd round pick.

( I don’t think these guys fit, imo, what the staff is trying to do with the defense, they aren’t good 3tech options or OLB options in a 3-4 stance and only provide versatility in a 4-3 stance. I don’t think they’re the type of versatility Patricia really likes. )

 

 

Draft:

 

1st- Isaiah Wynn, OL. Georgia. ( 6'2, 310lbs. )

 

2nd- Hayden Hurst, TE. South Carolina. ( 6’4, 250lbs. )

 

3rd- Rashaad Penny, RB. San Diego State. ( 5’11, 220lbs. )

 

3rd- (Rams) Da’Shawn Hand, DL. Alabama. ( 6’4, 295lbs. )

 

4th- Equanimeous St. Brown, WR. Notre Dame. ( 6’5, 215lbs. )

 

5th- Kevin Toliver, CB. LSU. ( 6’3, 205lbs. )

 

7th- Du’Vonta Lampkin, NT/DT. Oklahoma. ( 6’4, 335lbs. )

 

 

Quote

 

Roster:


Offense:
OT:
Ricky Wagner, Corey Robinson

OG: T.J. Lang, *Kenny Wiggins
OC: Graham Glasgow, *Wesley Johnson*
OG: Isaiah Wynn
, *Luke Joeckel*

OT: Taylor Decker, Brian Mihalik

TE: Hayden Hurst, *Luke Wilson*, *Levine Toliolo*, Michael Roberts

WR: Marvin Jones, Golden Tate, Kenny Golladay, Equanimeous St. Brown, *TJ Jones*

RB: Rashaad Penny, *LeGarrette Blount*, Theo Riddick, Ameer Abdullah
QB: Matt Stafford, Jake Ruddock

 

Defense:
DE: A’ Shawn Robinson, *Ricky Jean-Francois*, Jeremiah Ledbetter

NT: *Sylvester Williams*, Akeem Spence, Du’Vonta Lampkin
DE
:
Cornelius Washington, Da’Shawn Hand

OLB: *Ziggy Ansah*, *Willie Young*

ILB: *Christian Jones*, Jalen Reeves-Maybin

ILB: Jarrad Davis, *Nick Bellore*
OLB: *Devon Kennard*, *Jonathan Freeny*
CB: Darius Slay, *DeShawn Shead*, Jamal Agnew

S: Glover Quinn, Miles Killebrew

S: Quandre Diggs, *Tavon Wilson*

CB: *Nevin Lawson*, Teez Tabor, Kevin Toliver

Special Teams:
K: Matt Pratter
P: Sam Martin
LS: *Don Mulbach*

KR/PR: Jamal Agnew

 

 

Lions release: 4.5 million dollars estimated are freed up.

 

RB, Zach Zenner

RB, Dwayne Washington

OL, Joe Dahl

OL, Emmett Cleary

OLB, Cam Johnson

DT, Christian Ringo

TE, Hakeem Valles

WR, Bradley Marquez

Edited by SimbaWho

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure why St Louis would give up a 3rd for Hyder and Zettel, but would be all for the draft if it happened like this.

I love me some Penny. I honestly think he is the most complete back in the draft outside of Barkley.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The only part of this I like is Penney in the 3rd. I don' like anything else, especially the trade and a few of the releases. Not for me, sorry. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Louis Friend said:

The only part of this I like is Penney in the 3rd. I don' like anything else, especially the trade and a few of the releases. Not for me, sorry. 

What makes you mad about the releases? Joe Dahl?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, BarryTheBest said:

Not sure why St Louis would give up a 3rd for Hyder and Zettel, but would be all for the draft if it happened like this.

I love me some Penny. I honestly think he is the most complete back in the draft outside of Barkley.

 

I'm just figuring they'd like to add two pass rushers to make a serious run this year at the super bowl this year. They're better than most 3rd round prospects but not signed long-term, but also adding two pieces is better than one for this season for them if they're making a serious run. Defense could get spooking with Donald/Suh/Brockers/Easley/Hyder/Zettel and Talib/Peterson lurking in the backfield.

To be honest though I'm not sure St.Louis would do the deal either.

They're sharking for big fish outside of Suh like Beckham/Gronk.

Edited by SimbaWho

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, SimbaWho said:

I'm just figuring they'd like to add two pass rushers to make a serious run this year at the super bowl this year. They're better than most 3rd round prospects but not signed long-term, but also adding two pieces is better than one for this season for them if they're making a serious run. Defense could get spooking with Donald/Suh/Brockers/Easley/Hyder/Zettel and Talib/Peterson lurking in the backfield.

To be honest though I'm not sure St.Louis would do the deal either.

They're sharking for big fish outside of Suh like Beckham/Gronk.

I guess when you break down your thought process the trade makes a bit more sense.

With that said, I still dont see them doing it either. They could not make another move and most everyone expects them to be favorites for the NFC. Along with The Eagles and Vikings of course.

I do like how Quinn attacked our depth in free agency to this point. We appear to have adequate football players through out the roster.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can get behind this draft but I'm not fond of the FA signings and releasing Dahl. I don't think that Joeckel is an upgrade and we're bringing in Wynn to be our starting LG. It doesn't appear like we are likely to re-sign Ansah so I would expect to see us holding onto young DL and/or addressing the position a few times in the draft. Hand and a late round guy don't fit that bill IMO.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×