2018 Draft Thread v.2 - DONE AND IN THE BOOKS

RaidersAreOne

20 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

I’m not sure why Lamar Jackson isn’t in top ten talk. I think he is underrated, and he is having a good offseason and tore it up in college. I wouldn’t be surprised if he sneaks on top 10, which would be good for us

i said similar things except not running 40 is dumb honestly. does nothing but help you if you run a good time.

23 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

I’m not sure why Lamar Jackson isn’t in top ten talk. I think he is underrated, and he is having a good offseason and tore it up in college. I wouldn’t be surprised if he sneaks on top 10, which would be good for us

Allegedly teams are having trouble setting up meetings with him or something of that nature. 

4 minutes ago, roi34 said:

i said similar things except not running 40 is dumb honestly. does nothing but help you if you run a good time.

Line of thought I heard on why he didn’t run was everyone knew he was a great athlete. He’s stated he’s not changing position and may have thought showing up and running a blazing 40 and maybe not throwing great wouldn’t have helped his cause. 

Hes a QB no doubt so it’s a moot point any way. 

I like vea, and I think he could become a decent pass rusher and will def dominate the run game, but at ten, I would prefer a guy we know will generate pressure. I realize sacks aren’t everything and he could be coached up but I wish we could be a little more certain. In watching him, it seems like he doesn’t always shoot a gap but reads instead. Could be coaching.

I have seen him attack quickly and hand fight well but wished there was more of that on tape.Seems like he just throws ppl around but stands upright a lot and doesn’t always keep his feet moving. He’s going to need to be coached to rely on more than just his superior upper body strength. Gruden said we need a dominant and consistent inside pass rusher. Somebody that can collapse the pocket so opposing QBs can’t just step up. I hope if we take him he can. Not against taking him, I just have some questions. Hopefully our coaching staff has the answers if we go in that direction.

55 minutes ago, CaliforniaKid7 said:

Line of thought I heard on why he didn’t run was everyone knew he was a great athlete. He’s stated he’s not changing position and may have thought showing up and running a blazing 40 and maybe not throwing great wouldn’t have helped his cause. 

Hes a QB no doubt so it’s a moot point any way. 

Yup, the trend was pointing down slightly for him with the workout wrinkles, visit stuff and the leaked low wonderlic. I think his team is regrouping and will target certain teams to get with and I think he'll be fine.

Who are your favorite WR's in this class? There are a lot of guys I'm hoping will be available in the 3rd/4th because I want some kind of infusion of young talent/speed at WR this year.

Although I was very angry at Holton last year for the drops/fumbles, it is possible he will develop under Bennett as well so I won't give up on him, but I'm done with Roberts. He's had too long to be mediocre and he actually looked at his best as a rookie when he was breaking tackles and getting vertical on guys. I don't see any of those flashes anymore.

I'm still hopeful we aren't picking at 10 and are able to move back.

It's almost assured 3 QB's will go in the top 5 and 4 go before our pick, that'll raise the value of Mason Rudolph who is considered a 1st rd possibilty.  Mainly becuase of how quickly the other 4 qb's will go.

Maybe AZ, Pittsburg, NO will feel they can't sit around and miss out on someone like Rudolph or Jackson with Miami sitting at 11.

So Path to the Draft on Nfl Network did a 3 round mock for us. I didn’t love it.

Round 1: Ro Smith (wouldn’t mind depending on the board.)

Round 2: Arden Key ( would rather have a penetrating dt)

Round 3: James Washington ( this I would like)

5 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Who are your favorite WR's in this class? There are a lot of guys I'm hoping will be available in the 3rd/4th because I want some kind of infusion of young talent/speed at WR this year.

Although I was very angry at Holton last year for the drops/fumbles, it is possible he will develop under Bennett as well so I won't give up on him, but I'm done with Roberts. He's had too long to be mediocre and he actually looked at his best as a rookie when he was breaking tackles and getting vertical on guys. I don't see any of those flashes anymore.

3rd is actually a good spot to get a wideout.... in my eyes guys who have potential who could be there

Slot Guys: James Washington, Christian Kirk, Richie James, DJ Moore, Anthony Miller, Calvin Ridley, James Washington, Michael Gallup

Potential Starting Wideouts down the road: Deon Cain, Equanimeous St. Brown, Cedrick Wilson, Auden Tate, Deontay Burnett

1 hour ago, NJ Raider said:

So Path to the Draft on Nfl Network did a 3 round mock for us. I didn’t love it.

I actually like that mock and wouldn't mind it.

Washington in the third would be amazing. And Key does have alot of talent.

1 hour ago, NJ Raider said:

I would not be mad at this draft. Corner tempting at R2 and Edmunds is my guy in the first, but Ro Smith is going to be good. wideout in 3rd would be nice

8 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Sutton is far and away my top WR and my 3rd choice behind Vea and Roquan.

Others i love are Braxton Berrios, Equanimeous St. Brown, Anthony Miller, and DJ Moore

Archived