2018 Draft Thread v.2 - DONE AND IN THE BOOKS

RaidersAreOne

3 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

That wouldn't signal ish. Reggie drafted DJ Hayden over Sheldon Richardson. Desmond Trufant, Xavier Rhodes and Darius Slay were the next CBs picked in the same draft. Reggie doesn't need help to draft poorly. 

Fair point lol. I keep sleeping on how poorly the Raiders have drafted outside about 3-4 players.

3 minutes ago, TiberiusRising said:

Been gone a while. Tried to skim through things. Can someone get me caught up? Who seems to be the most highly wanted player at 10 assuming we dont trade down?

Chubb, Barkley (little to no chance we get them), Ward, Smith, Vea, Fitz and James are the big ones. 

Essentially any of the top tier Defensive guys.

2 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Chubb, Barkley (little to no chance we get them), Ward, Smith, Vea, Fitz and James are the big ones. 

Essentially any of the top tier Defensive guys.

Ok, pretty much how I have been. Change my mind every day, lol. Vea would be somewhat disappointing if those other guys are there although as a player I do like him. 

2 minutes ago, TiberiusRising said:

Ok, pretty much how I have been. Change my mind every day, lol. Vea would be somewhat disappointing if those other guys are there although as a player I do like him. 

Vea has seemed to split the forum a bit. Some (like myself) would be happy with him, but some don't believe he has enough pass-rush potential to warrant a top 10 pick. 

One thing 99% of us will agree on is we better not reach for a T without trading down.

15 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Fair point lol. I keep sleeping on how poorly the Raiders have drafted outside about 3-4 players.

The 2014 class saved Reggie’s job. He landed two franchise players and a few starters, but his other drafts have been misses... hoping Reggie and Gruden could dominate this draft 

15 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Vea has seemed to split the forum a bit. Some (like myself) would be happy with him, but some don't believe he has enough pass-rush potential to warrant a top 10 pick. 

One thing 99% of us will agree on is we better not reach for a T without trading down.

Ya. I would take Nelson though if he was still there. All those guys on OL are getting old except Jackson. Be nice to get one guy we know should be a pro bowl caliber player. Any of our OL can be cut next year without cap penalty. 

1 minute ago, TiberiusRising said:

Ya. I would take Nelson though if he was still there. All those guys on OL are getting old except Jackson. Be nice to get one guy we know should be a pro bowl caliber player. Any of our OL can be cut next year without cap penalty. 

I see where you are coming from, but we are not in a position to necessarily take a G imo. Sure BPA is fantastic but we have so many needs and G is our strongest position. 

I would be pretty skeptical if we took Nelson tbh.

57 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

IMO, people are sleeping on Vea's pass rush potential. Easy to look at his size and think he's just a run stuffer. He flashed some elite power and pocket push sporadically at UW. He's a guy a good Dline coach can coach up and take him to new levels. Day 1, he's commanding doubles and taking pressure off the LBs and pass rushers. He can develop as a pass rusher. He's untapped in that area. Right now, he's all power.

I hate to generalize these bigger DT. I know he’s a better prospect than Danny Shelton, but I’ve seen way too many 340 Dts not end up worthy of their 1st round selection. Dontari Poe being the most recent exception that comes to mind.

that being said, I won’t be disappointed if we choose him.

8 minutes ago, TheMadStork said:

I hate to generalize these bigger DT. I know he’s a better prospect than Danny Shelton, but I’ve seen way too many 340 Dts not end up worthy of their 1st round selection. Dontari Poe being the most recent exception that comes to mind.

He could be the next Haloti Ngata or be a Phil Taylor 

8 minutes ago, TheMadStork said:

Poe is such a great example to bring up. He was a freak and had the athletic ability to develop into a pass rushing threat but 94 NFL starts later he has 15.5 sacks. I wouldn't draft Poe at #10. And i wouldn't draft Vea at #10 either.

10 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

Compare the guys who might be there to previous NFL players if they reach their potential 

Vea- Ngata 

James- Sean Taylor 

ward- ?

fitzpatrick- ?

edmunds- Anthony Barr 

smith- Derrick Brooks 

picking a ngata type player would be a great pick 

Fitz reminds me of a young rod Woodson 

44 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

Compare the guys who might be there to previous NFL players if they reach their potential 

Vea- Ngata 

James- Sean Taylor 

ward- ?

fitzpatrick- ?

edmunds- Anthony Barr 

smith- Derrick Brooks 

picking a ngata type player would be a great pick 

tenor.gif?itemid=3316223

Archived