2018 Draft Thread v.2 - DONE AND IN THE BOOKS

RaidersAreOne

3 hours ago, TiberiusRising said:

Been gone a while. Tried to skim through things. Can someone get me caught up? Who seems to be the most highly wanted player at 10 assuming we dont trade down?

One of the 3 or 4 theories bloggers have been speculating is that gruden and mckenzie may pick a tackle. Really depends on how many QBs get taken. Smith, Fitzpatrick, ward, nelson seem to be great picks for #10 if lots of QBs get taken and they fall. Vea, mglinchey, Edwards seem to be the guys that may fall if only a few QBs get taken above us.

11 hours ago, BABYLON 5 said:

I have a question in this draft who you think is a blue chip player .And let say this I'm debating that there are none just want to know who you think is a blue chip 

Positional importance combined with talent I would say there are 5 blue chip players.  Darnold, Rosen, Barkley, Nelson, and Chubb.  I would put Smith just outside this group but with our team needs I would understand including him.  The next tier are guys that are great prospects but have ceilings or floors that are too low.  Edmunds, Vea, Fitzpatrick, Ward, Davenport, Allen, and Sutton.  I would not be too upset with picking from this group.

2 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

Compare the guys who might be there to previous NFL players if they reach their potential 

Vea- Ngata 

James- Sean Taylor 

ward- ?

fitzpatrick- ?

edmunds- Anthony Barr 

smith- Derrick Brooks 

picking a ngata type player would be a great pick 

Not saying we are or that history repeats itself with the players careers but I do not know if I can handle passing on Ngata 2.0 for a DB again.

5 minutes ago, Jerry said:

If I were the Browns I'd draft S. Barkley #1 overall and then Q. Nelson or B. Chubb  at #4.

With a #1 and #4 in the same draft they would be pretty stupid not to get a QB. Two picks are a luxury, one position player that high will be a great thing to have. But the team is in bad shape long term without a top QB. 

1 hour ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I"m with you here. I don't compare a player to someone else to make my point. Vea has pass rush ability and is a rare physical specimen. If he turns into a dominant interior player, he'll be more than worth the pick.

That could be said about any prospect. The question is will he be dominant enough to be worth a top 10 pick. 

4 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Vea has seemed to split the forum a bit. Some (like myself) would be happy with him, but some don't believe he has enough pass-rush potential to warrant a top 10 pick. 

One thing 99% of us will agree on is we better not reach for a T without trading down.

I’m in the 1%. McGlinchey please.

11 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

Don't get why Latham was cut before the draft. I wonder if something happened with him off the field.

Must not have impressed in the mini camp they had. Gives roster space to a team that will be active in signing UDFA. I’m sure he will be the first of many cuts that we see over the next 72 hours. 

Archived