2018 Draft Thread v.2 - DONE AND IN THE BOOKS

RaidersAreOne

15 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

Meant to say we drafted LT of the future 

Gotcha. I just want somebody to rush the passer preferably edge I mean besides Mack and I could be dead wrong ....Tyler Brayton is the other in the first 2 rounds since like 2001 ?

3 minutes ago, SimonGruber said:

Gotcha. I just want somebody to rush the passer preferably edge I mean besides Mack and I could be dead wrong ....Tyler Brayton is the other in the first 2 rounds since like 2001 ?

Holy crap that is a name I haven't heard of in a looooooooong time! 

I'll forever remember him being the guy that kneed another playing in the crotch. 

Just now, big_palooka said:

Harlem Globetrotters vs. The Washington Generals 

Still the same outcome.

9 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

My son just texted me “Chubb vs Kolton for the next 3 years lol” 

More like Miller vs Miller.

3 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I'll forever remember him being the guy that kneed another playing in the crotch. 

I forgotten about that what I remember about him was Rob Ryan making him a OLB in the 3-4 in 04

1 hour ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Jerramy Stevens aka Hope Solo's husband. 

Tyler Brayton is a hero for that, imo. 

Round 1, Pick 15 (No. 15 overall) Kolton Miller, OT UCLA

Round 2, Pick 9 (No. 41 overall) Harold Landry, Edge Boston College  - BPA and need an additional pass rusher instead of 290 pound DL. Exclusive Edge type.

Round 3, Pick 15 (No. 79 overall) [via Arizona] Maurice Hurst, DT Michigan - Heart concerns drop him, Reggie's medical clear him then we snag here, I think.

Round 4 Pick 10 (No. 110 overall) Josey Jewell, MLB Iowa - Sort of Reggie mold for an inside linebacker so far. Not remarkable physically, but instinctual. Not my ILB prospect, but I think he could be Reggie's.
(this and the below prospect could be flipped)

Round 5, Pick 15 (No. 152 overall) [via Arizona] DeShon Elliott, S  Texas - This is my favorite safety prospect, but he seems overlooked and one year wonder could drop him. I think this is the place we can add a safety. This doesn't surrender the Obi and KJ investments, but add competition.

Round 5, Pick 22 (No. 159 overall) JC Jackson, CB, Maryland - The CB prospect that I think meets certain slide conditions, but has the talent to stick and legitimately compete at the position if they like his character.

Round 5, Pick 36 (No. 173 overall) *compensatory selection Jaylen Samuels, RB, N.C. State - Versatile Gruden type, I hope he lands in an offense that can utilize him correctly, I think we might be one of those.
(this and the below prospect could be flipped)

Round 6, Pick 11 (No. 185 overall)  Shaquem Griffin, OLB  UCF. Should go much higher, but if the NFL plays the "this hasn't happened before and we are scared" type fall, I hope we get him. Could flip with Josey Jewell, but I'd list them like this for Griffin was a later riser and has media hype. I think irl teams might be behind and have questions on the unknown on if he's a LB or just STer.

Round 6, Pick 38 (No. 212 overall) *compensatory selection Desmond Harrison, T West Georgia. I think we hit OT again, and I think Desmond is a mold-able small school guy that went to local JC.  High upside, but high bust potential. Could go earlier on potential, but if he doesn't I'd like the Raiders to reach out (assuming the info we don't have is all good).

Round 6, Pick 42 (No. 216 overall) *compensatory selection Daniel Carlson, K Auburn. This is the kicker I like, at a kicker range. I think Pinerio goes higher.

Round 6, Pick 43 (No. 217 overall) *compensatory selection John Kelly, RB Tennessee. There is a lot of RBs in this class, I think we address it late and I both like Kelly and think he is one of the guys that could fall. Also Reggie's school.

Round 7, Pick 10 (No. 228 overall) Antonio Callaway, WR. Florida If we are into character questions and rolling the dice now, I guess this fits. I think his concerns could have him off a lot of boards especially in a deep WR class. Reggie might have extra knowledge with JDR's son having been the Florida QB.

I don't think the majority of these guys will be available when I have them picked, but if they are there -- that would be cool.

1 minute ago, Trojan said:

Round 1, Pick 15 (No. 15 overall) Kolton Miller, OT UCLA

Round 2, Pick 9 (No. 41 overall) Harold Landry, Edge Boston College  - BPA and need an additional pass rusher instead of 290 pound DL. Exclusive Edge type.

Round 3, Pick 15 (No. 79 overall) [via Arizona] Maurice Hurst, DT Michigan - Heard concerns drop him, Reggie's medical clear him then we snag here, I think.

Round 4 Pick 10 (No. 110 overall) Josey Jewell, MLB Iowa - Sort of Reggie mold for an inside linebacker so far. Not remarkable physically, but instinctual. Not my ILB prospect, but I think he could be Reggie's.

Round 5, Pick 15 (No. 152 overall) [via Arizona] DeShon Elliott, S  Texas - This is my favorite safety prospect, but he seems overlooked and one year wonder could drop him. I think this is the place we can add a safety. This doesn't surrender the Obi and KJ investments, but add competition.

Round 5, Pick 22 (No. 159 overall) JC Jackson, CB, Maryland - The CB prospect that I think meets certain slide conditions, but has the talent to stick and legitimately compete at the position if they like his character.

Round 5, Pick 36 (No. 173 overall) *compensatory selection Jaylen Samuels, RB, N.C. State - Versatile Gruden type, I hope he lands in an offense that can utilize him correctly, I think we might be one of those.

Round 6, Pick 11 (No. 185 overall)  Shaquem Griffin Harrison, OLB  UCF. Should go much higher, but if the NFL plays the "this hasn't happened before and we are scared" type fall, I hope we get him. Could flip with Josey Jewell, but I'd list them like this for Griffin was a later riser and has media hype. I think irl teams might be behind and have questions on the unknown on if he's a LB or just STer.

Round 6, Pick 38 (No. 212 overall) *compensatory selection Desmond Harrison, T West Georgia. I think we hit OT again, and I think Desmond is a mold-able small school guy that went to local JC.  High upside, but high bust potential. Could go earlier on potential, but if he doesn't I'd like the Raiders to reach out (assuming the info we don't have is all good).

Round 6, Pick 42 (No. 216 overall) *compensatory selection Daniel Carlson, K Auburn. This is the kicker I like, at a kicker range. I think Pinerio goes higher.

Round 6, Pick 43 (No. 217 overall) *compensatory selection John Kelly, RB. There is a lot of RBs in this class, I think we address it late and I both like Kelly and think he is one of the guys that could fall.

Round 7, Pick 10 (No. 228 overall) Antonio Callaway, WR. If we are into character questions and rolling the dice now, I guess this fits. I think his concerns could have him off a lot of boards especially in a deep WR class.

Nice draft, but no punter? Optimistic , I think Landry and Hurst are the top 5 pick to start day 2

2 minutes ago, SBXISBXVSBXVIII said:

Wasn’t #79 traded for Bryant and we still have #75?

Looks like you are right, but I think it's essentially the same for what I was going for. Sports Illustrated I copy pasted the picks, but ESPN reported 79 was traded not 75.

Archived