2018 Draft Thread v.2 - DONE AND IN THE BOOKS

RaidersAreOne

Not feeling Landry, I just have a feeling he won’t make the transition to the NFL. I think he relies too much on his speed and while he may still get some sacks because of it, I think he could end up being a big liability in the run game. Wouldn’t hate the pick, but won’t be ecstatic either. 

Hurst excites me, but I don’t know how much his heart condition will force him down draft boards. Stoked if we get him.

1 minute ago, raiders4life said:

Not feeling Landry, I just have a feeling he won’t make the transition to the NFL. I think he relies too much on his speed and while he may still get some sacks because of it, I think he could end up being a big liability in the run game. Wouldn’t hate the pick, but won’t be ecstatic either. 

Hurst excites me, but I don’t know how much his heart condition will force him down draft boards. Stoked if we get him.

We need a speed rusher. Even if he is somewhat one-dimensional, he is good at what he does. He can always get taught moves, but you can't teach that speed.

Just now, RaidersAreOne said:

We need a speed rusher. Even if he is somewhat one-dimensional, he is good at what he does. He can always get taught moves, but you can't teach that speed.

Yea this is the reason I wouldn’t hate it. If we draft him I think it’s a clear signal we will run that 5-2 look from last season. Push Landry wide and let em try to get around the corner.. I’ve always been a part of the speed rushing is a gimmick that isn’t worth it crowd, not sure why..

Archived