2018 Draft Thread v.2 - DONE AND IN THE BOOKS

RaidersAreOne

1 hour ago, daineraider said:

Homer pick, but I want us to take Darren Carrington II.  Great hands, good size and decent speed.  Runs good routes and makes tough catches.

I wouldn't mind him as a UDFA tbh. We have a few WRs, but let him come in and compete with our later round guys. 

Very happy we we came away with Hall, Nelson, Hurst, Azeem (I was on his train at the beginning of the year when he was projected on day 1 or 2) and Ateman. I had them all on the lists of guys I wanted coming into the days and we addressed all the need areas except RB. Looks like Beast is gonna eat this year. It has been reported that he is great shape unlike last year this time.

If you look at how we moved around and in which round we acquired the additional picks you could look at it like this:

1) Miller, Hurst and Bryant

2) Hall and Key

Doesnt look too bad!

After the initial disappointment of the 1st round, I feel a lot better about what we did. I still don't like the Miller pick and agree with many that we did reach on a few guys, but I do like the aggression and the fact we specifically targeted certain areas - oline and pass rush.

Of course we could end up with egg on our face if the risks all backfire, but if they all come off, or even some, we will be a much better team all round.

5 hours ago, NickButera said:

Interesting that Gruden touted this class' RB depth and didn't pick anyone. Either the right people didn't fall to us, or he's confident in our current crop and it was just a smoke screen.

I think it’s the former. RBs are making a comeback in the nfl especially after what the rookies did last season. I mean Michel went in the first Jones and Chubb before the Raiders pick. Sure they could have reached but i think they really wanted to go after the lines. (They where reaching as it was.)

Archived