Best pickup so far is...

bruceb

Who is our most important offseason acquisition and why?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Who is our most important offseason acquisition and why?

• Taylor
    • Randall
    • Stanton
    • Gaines
    • Landry
    • Carrie
    • Smith
    • Hyde
    • Hubbard
    • Fells

On ‎3‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 4:01 PM, brownie man said:

I’m telling you I went to Camp

Kessler is the worst QB I’ve ever seen in person

Ive seen high school QBs look better that he did

he was out there making Brock Osweiler look like Aaron Rodgers 

worst decison my Sashi not named Kenny Britt 

I watched Kizer and Kessler play on Sundays and Kizer makes Kessler look like Tom Brady. 

20 minutes ago, roger murdock said:

I watched Kizer and Kessler play on Sundays and Kizer makes Kessler look like Tom Brady. 

no he didn't 

go back to the Detroit, cinci, and tennessee games

47 completion % 

didn't move the ball at all

he regressed he was absolutely terrible 

2 minutes ago, brownie man said:

no he didn't 

go back to the Detroit, cinci, and tennessee games

47 completion % 

didn't move the ball at all

he regressed he was absolutely terrible 

Points scored in Kizer games: 

18, 10, 28, 7, 14, 9, 16, 24, 7, 16, 10, 21, 10, 3, 21

Average of 13 points per game. 0.7 TDs per game. 1.5 INTs per game. 

13.5 / 15.75 / 11.25 / 11.3 split by quarter so he regressed all year long and was absolutely terrible. Historically terrible actually. Like if there was an LVP of the year, it clearly goes to Kizer (almost certainly unanimous) and if you look at the last ten years, the only person who can give him a run for him money is Jimmy Claussen. 

Points scored in Kessler Games: 

24, 20, 13, 26, 17, 10, 7, 9

20.75 / 8.5 

Pretty bad fall off, essentially regressed to the Kizer line. Still his production was markedly better and his supporting cast worse. 

For whatever reason, part of me is still drinking that Kool-Aid about Kessler. He just looked pretty good to me. I'll take Brownie's word for it that he looked awful in camp; however, It just seems like he was pretty decent on the field and never really got a chance. I didn't really see him do anything that should get him yanked immediately, even though Kaiser look absolutely awful after two games or so and seemed destined for the bench. Oh well, they're both dead to me now ?.

3 hours ago, roger murdock said:

13.5 / 15.75 / 11.25 / 11.3 split by quarter so he regressed all year long and was absolutely terrible. Historically terrible actually. Like if there was an LVP of the year, it clearly goes to Kizer (almost certainly unanimous) and if you look at the last ten years, the only person who can give him a run for him money is Jimmy Claussen. 

20.75 / 8.5 

Pretty bad fall off, essentially regressed to the Kizer line. Still his production was markedly better and his supporting cast worse. 

Kessler could be a decent WCO QB because the system doesn't really rely on the deep pass very much.  That said, he could improve his arm strength as that is his biggest knock.  Tom Brady's arm is exponentially better than it was when he came into the league, so it can be done.

Regarding Kizer, no big shock that he regressed, he regressed in college too.  The game just seems too much for him.  He should have never seen the field yet as a pure project at best.  We broke him.  Good luck putting humpty dumpty back together again Packers!

I still literally laugh out loud at the guy that had the biggest man crush ever on here for him and actually sig quoted me and said "this dude is gonna look real bad" in talks about Kizer.  Those words will travel with that guy for the rest of his days.

4 hours ago, roger murdock said:

20.75 / 8.5 

Why care? They're both gone

Archived