Best pickup so far is...

bruceb

Who is our most important offseason acquisition and why?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Who is our most important offseason acquisition and why?

• Taylor
    • Randall
    • Stanton
    • Gaines
    • Landry
    • Carrie
    • Smith
    • Hyde
    • Hubbard
    • Fells

19 minutes ago, roger murdock said:

I don't know what positives Hue has. But I 100% think we would all view Bill Belicheck or Sean Payton or whoever as a crap head coach who can't get anything out of this team with what he was given. 

No circumstance could create a false positive more than the 16-17 Browns roster. 

I bet you Sean Payton could of put together a better script to the beginning of games a lot better than Hue. I don’t know how many times the Browns offense looked absolutely clueless in their first drive or series. Series the first couple of plays are suppose to be concepts or plays you think you can be successful at before the opposing defense starts to adjust. That is hue taking in account of hiss talent. Yet they could be successful or look even competent. I think Payton could of done better 

34 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Lol he’s not talking about Hue.

I don’t know if he was trying to piggy back on dean with the crap notion that maybe Hue isn’t the coach we want but he is the coach we need. 

3 hours ago, buno67 said:

I bet you Sean Payton could of put together a better script to the beginning of games a lot better than Hue. I don’t know how many times the Browns offense looked absolutely clueless in their first drive or series. Series the first couple of plays are suppose to be concepts or plays you think you can be successful at before the opposing defense starts to adjust. That is hue taking in account of hiss talent. Yet they could be successful or look even competent. I think Payton could of done better 

I just don't know. 

Everytime our offense took the field, the 22nd best player out there was Deshone Kizer and he plays the most important position. After that you can probably count of the defense having at least 6-7 advantageous matchups, primarily against our wide receivers. 

Besides a few offensive linemen and Duke Johnson, we had basically no NFL starting caliber players last year. 

25 minutes ago, roger murdock said:

I just don't know. 

Everytime our offense took the field, the 22nd best player out there was Deshone Kizer and he plays the most important position. After that you can probably count of the defense having at least 6-7 advantageous matchups, primarily against our wide receivers. 

Besides a few offensive linemen and Duke Johnson, we had basically no NFL starting caliber players last year. 

I don't think he was the worst player on our team, he was just bad and played the most important position.  We give a lot of our young players the benefit of the doubt and believe they'll be good when they played bad on a snap by snap basis and only flashed for occasional plays here and there.  I mean think of how many errant throws he had where the WR wasn't on the same page and we, as fans, have little idea what the actual play was supposed to be.

That summarizes Peppers, Njoku, Nassib, Louis, Devalve, Higgins, Coleman (Shon and if we're keeping real Corey to a lesser extent), and Drango.

All players that honestly aren't very good right but we still hope can pan out.  Kizer just played QB so his terrible performance is magnified, but I hope the best for the guy.  Obviously wasn't going to happen here when we have the #1 pick to take a better prospect.

9 hours ago, RaymondWayans said:

Tyrod. He doesn't throw many TDs, but he also just doesn't turn the ball over. Kizer had to have led the league in Red Zone turnovers last year. 

Believe he had more INTs in the red zone than Taylor had in total.

8 hours ago, buno67 said:

Doubling as the HC and the OC is not an F’ing excuse. No one stopped him from hiring an OC, it’s not like an OC walked out on him and he was stuck with both duties. He choose to do both. He made that crap sandwich, now he has to eat it. 

He literally did nothing positive for this team the last two years. He mis used players, told us to trust his ability to evaluate QB, could manage a game, and etc. it’s the same crap I’ve said before. 

What has Hue done that makes you be so positive besides saying he was successful in the past? He wasn’t all that great as the OC for WAS or ATL. 

Also all that so called crediblity, he peed that away with this god awful showing. I don’t know what was worse, the roster he had to work with or his overall coaching ability. Dude has been garbage! Thank god for Haley!

hell you bring up Oakland as hope but he also set that franchise back by trading two 1st rd picks for Palmer. He literally almost did that to the browns to a point when he tried to back door a deal for McCarron. 

He also threw his team under the bus, blaming the players for a loss that kept them out of the playoffs.

Great guy.

2 hours ago, roger murdock said:

I just don't know. 

Even more so. When you are scripting plays, there should be at least a couple of successful plays. They are plays that should potentially work because it should be something picked up from tendencies from watching film and putting your players into a position to be successful. 

He rarely ever put Kizer into a good position to be successful. He could of done that by actually committing to running the ball instead of just talking about it or giving him more manageable passing attempts instead of having him going deep all the time  

Again you talk about match up advantages against the WRs. Best way to help WRs is to call plays that have route combos that help get WRs open. The WRs would rarely win a one on one match up, so you help your WRs with plays that put DBs in a bind. We should know, opposing offenses do it to the browns defense. Huebris’ idea of route combinations was running multiple vertical routes. Pairing routes like streaks, seams, Posts, and Fades together. Those combos are not successful combinationas unless your Hue Jackson. 

Rarely would he ever have players on a single play attacking different levels. Kizer threw so many picks throwing deep over the middle. He always did it by throwing high. IMO the underneath player in coverage never had to honor anything underneath.  It’s like hue never pairs a Seam or middle post with Drags, ins, any other medium level route you could run. Something that makes that LB play. Don’t allow that LB to drop 15yards in coverage but maybe only 10yards. 

There are so many other things Hue could of done but didn’t do but seems crazy cause he was suppose to be this offensive mastermind. 

Agree majority of the season the best players were the OL, Duke, and Njoku. Rarely did Hue ever make them the true focal point of the offense. Especially with those two because two athletic freaks and their skill set, it shouldn’t be hard to create something with them. Yet, Hue refused to highlight and make them the main threats. It’s like those were his fall back plans with his game plans. It’s like hue loved having this huge play book with crazy formations and shifts involved. Damn I am excited for Haley and his system cause it’s going to be the complete opposite 

Archived