Best pickup so far is...

bruceb

Who is our most important offseason acquisition and why?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Who is our most important offseason acquisition and why?

• Taylor
    • Randall
    • Stanton
    • Gaines
    • Landry
    • Carrie
    • Smith
    • Hyde
    • Hubbard
    • Fells

This is pretty clearly a Landry/Taylor two horse race. I’ll take Taylor. Probably not great but our first competent QB play in years. Landry should be very solid, but Duke did add an underneath dimension even last year. Some good supplemental pickups as well. Most underrated being Stanton. He can help mentor Darnold while Taylor can just worry about getting our team some points.

• 3 weeks later...

Landry because based upon his consistency at a high level, I can see him contributing for years to come.

Honorable mentions:

• Randall... While I'm optimistic that he can be in this discussion, that he will be is no sure thing.
  • Taylor... He has an important, but too limited of a role. If we need to extend him beyond 2018, to buy more time for our soon to be named, QB of the future, then I we picked the wrong QB.

3 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Landry because based upon his consistency at a high level, I can see him contributing for years to come.

Honorable mentions:

• Randall... While I'm optimistic that he can be in this discussion, that he will be is no sure thing.
  • Taylor... He has an important, but too limited of a role. If we need to extend him beyond 2018, to buy more time for our soon to be named, QB of the future, then I we picked the wrong QB.

Agree, although I think Taylor might be in their longer term plan, too.

They obviously view Landry as a cornerstone.

Randall is the wild card.

GB's coach admitted that FS is his natural position and that CB was a forced fit.

And the decision to get him was made in part by two guys who had hands in drafting him...to play FS.

Could work out very well for us.

2 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Not to mention that a proficient FS allows Peppers to move to a (hopefully) more suitable role.

A potential win-win the D needs.

The answer to the question has to be Taylor.  We have not had competent qb play in forever.  Really.  He will be competent and I have a hunch even good.  

That said, Randall is huge.  He will greatly improve FS, and allow Peppers to greatly improve ss.  When one player can make huge changes to multiple positions, it’s big.  (This is also why ultimately it’s Taylor.  If we had the QBs from last year our offense would still greatly under achieve even with Gordon, Landry, and Hyde).

you also can not say enough about the change to Haley.  I expect huge dividends from that move as well.

we really are watching the perfect storm brewing for a magical bounce back season from 0 and 16.

Archived