Best pickup so far is...

bruceb

Who is our most important offseason acquisition and why?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Who is our most important offseason acquisition and why?

• Taylor
    • Randall
    • Stanton
    • Gaines
    • Landry
    • Carrie
    • Smith
    • Hyde
    • Hubbard
    • Fells

1 hour ago, Tour2ma said:

Three and a half seasons has felt like forever, but that doesn't elevate one potential season of competent play to the top of this list in my eyes.

You do realize what Browns fans are accustomed to seeing at QB right?  Also, Taylor has proven competent pretty much every opportunity that he has had with a not so good supporting case and even took the Bills to the playoffs.  If Gordon is truly back, and Coleman stays healthy, and Njoku progresses as expected, he will have more weapons in Cleveland than he has had in all other years combined.  Yes its a lot of ifs, but there is a reason for optimism.

All I am saying is that there is not a reason to over-celebrate Tyrod Taylor.

He's a placeholder, OK, complementary QB... that's it. Or as you put it, "competent".

His supporting cast in BUF wasn't all bad... especially on the D-side... and, yes, Tyrod did his part, but "took" is too strong a word IMO... "did not prevent" is closer to the mark. However, the biggest factor in BUF's success was a lackluster AFC. Lackluster in no small part due to the floundering Fins and decline of the AFCN also-rans.

15 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Does anybody else sit there all day, stare blankly into the distance and then go..... 'I forgot that we have Carlos Hyde'

It happens to me at least 3 times a week.

When I’m staring blankly into the distance it’s not a burly man that pops into my head.

Not yet anyway.

6 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

All I am saying is that there is not a reason to over-celebrate Tyrod Taylor.

He's a placeholder, OK, complementary QB... that's it. Or as you put it, "competent".

His supporting cast in BUF wasn't all bad... especially on the D-side... and, yes, Tyrod did his part, but "took" is too strong a word IMO... "did not prevent" is closer to the mark. However, the biggest factor in BUF's success was a lackluster AFC. Lackluster in no small part due to the floundering Fins and decline of the AFCN also-rans.

I think you will be pretty surprised.  He has never had our OLine, he has never had our set of receiving options.  I think he is a younger, more physically gifted Alex Smith.

10 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Does anybody else sit there all day, stare blankly into the distance and then go..... 'I forgot that we have Carlos Hyde'

It happens to me at least 3 times a week.

Not really, Carlos Hyde is not a very memorable person 

On 4/16/2018 at 11:41 PM, DizzyDean said:

I think you will be pretty surprised.  He has never had our OLine, he has never had our set of receiving options.  I think he is a younger, more physically gifted Alex Smith.

Tyrod had our OL in BLT... and couldn't crack the starting lineup. Which is fine as he wasn't drafted to be a starter.

And for the record, I really wanted Alex Smith, a better NFL QB.

But surprises do happen...

I don't know how people aren't voting for Jarvis Landry. He's a superstar WR. Don't listen to the people that crap on his YPC. He's going to be our most productive player, he's a great leader, and does the little things, like blocking and fighting for extra yards. He's a stud muffin.

Tyrod Taylor is a huge upgrade over what we had last year, but he's still not very good. I think he's somewhere around the 20-25 range in terms of the NFL's top QB's. He's not on Landry's level as a player, but I don't expect him to screw us like Kizer did last year. I think expectations are a little too high for Tyrod. This signing didn't get us out of the Brian Hoyer era of QB play. I expect Tyrod and Hoyer to be similarly successful in their stints as Browns QB's.

My 2nd choice for best pickup would be EJ Gaines. He kept us from having a GAPING hole at CB.

Archived