Zimmer on Linval Joseph: "One of the best I've been around"

Klomp

Earlier this week, coach Mike Zimmer said Joseph is the "best [nose tackle] I've ever been around," noting the athleticism the 28-year-old uses to shed blocks despite his size. Friday, defensive coordinator George Edwards said Joseph is so valuable in part because there are relatively few NFL-ready nose tackles available in a given draft.

"You look at college football right now," Edwards said, "and you don't see a lot of nose guards because there's a lot of spread [offense]. Having a guy like that in the middle of your defense, that brings that type of work ethic and pride to what he's trying to get accomplished is definitely a plus. I think [Zimmer] has said it and I'll say it: He's one of the best I've ever been around."

http://www.espn.com/blog/nfcnorth/post/_/id/78035/vikings-zimmer-edwards-agree-linval-joseph-best-ive-ever-been-around

I'm glad we're getting these big contacts out of the way now. They've all earned their pay and we have a lot of guys coming up that need paid.

I'm so glad we signed Linval. He's such a dominant player and he's critically important to our defense's success. Skol!

The extensions for Everson and now Linval are why I do appreciate Rick's work.  This is a vary good and calculated move that is meant to manage the cap over the long haul.  Not many teams have been willing to extend the contracts for players with multiple years left on their current deal, but Rick recognized the oncoming onslaught of extensions with other young players and changed the strategy accordingly.  

Archived