Jadeveon Clowney contract

Blaze

17 hours ago, EliteTexan80 said:

Question for all - @Blaze, @Apollo Stallion, @Texansfan713, @Pastor Dillon, @mse326:

Let's say someone like New England cones to us with that brand new 23rd pick from the Brandin Cooks trade, as well as that 2nd rounder they got in the Jimmy Garropolo trade (along with a few more items, but the 1/2 are the headliners). Would that be enough, or would Belly have to offer more?

Why was I not consulted? ? 

23 hours ago, mse326 said:

Still wouldn't. Draft picks are overrated especially when talking about trading for young studs. a 1 and 2 isn't enough for Clowney, and maybe I'm pessimistic but given Gronk's clear flirtation with retirement to go with injury history I don't think I'd trade a 3rd for him. So that trade obviously doesn't work for me.

Especially one that plays a premium position like DE. (I know he plays our rush OLB role but some packages have him playing DE).

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/4/2018 at 10:49 AM, EliteTexan80 said:

Question for all - @Blaze, @Apollo Stallion, @Texansfan713, @Pastor Dillon, @mse326:

Let's say someone like New England cones to us with that brand new 23rd pick from the Brandin Cooks trade, as well as that 2nd rounder they got in the Jimmy Garropolo trade (along with a few more items, but the 1/2 are the headliners). Would that be enough, or would Belly have to offer more?

Negative. Need more because I think Clowney can do more.n

• 1 month later...
20 hours ago, lumberjackchris said:

I saw some on yall mention JD's deal being next in the BMak thread. Id pump the breaks on that though. I think we're actually going to let him play this year out and then use the franchise tag on him in need be next offseaosn.

I'd love to see some analysts on this.

Franchises do this all the time, I'd like to see the final outcomes.

we can franchise him up to two times, so we could have him for 3 more years regardless of what he wants. 

but if we are going to go tat route, we can probably save money by just signing him to a big deal, because those two years on franchise tag will be expensive. 

5 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

we can franchise him up to two times, so we could have him for 3 more years regardless of what he wants. 

but if we are going to go tat route, we can probably save money by just signing him to a big deal, because those two years on franchise tag will be expensive. 

If you tag Clowney for two straight years, you're potentially having to negotiate a new deal for him as well as (by then) 4th year player Deshaun Watson - who will probably demand the biggest contract in NFL history at that time. 

Not sure you want to go that route.

Archived