GB connection continues...Browns add WR Jeff Janis

Bucketheadsdad

https://247sports.com/nfl/cleveland-browns/Bolt/Browns-sign-Jeff-Janis-Drew-Stanton-116851127?utm_source=247Sports Newsletter&utm_medium=Newsletter&utm_campaign=180330_121115_Cleveland Browns Newsletter&utm_content=Link&liveconnect=C9-6D-13-39-96-59-61-FE-7D-FA-0B-06-78-87-95-79180330_121115ClevelandBrownsNewsletter

A name that always showed up in GB's special teams units.  Only a handful of receptions in his career.  Pretty sure he ran a very fast 40 at the combine a while back.  

On a side note, my niece is also an alum of the hotbed of football that is Saginaw Valley State University.

Don't sleep on this kid - AT ALL. I absolutely LOVE this signing. Watching his college tape, I wanted him so badly. And as it got later and later, I got more hopeful - then GB snagged him. I was beyond livid. Oh wait, that's right - Ray "I am the smartest man in the league" Farmer was running our draft that year. We all know he shot any WR over 5'6". Moron.......

Anyway - everyone remember the PLAYOFF game in the desert where he dang near beat Arizona by himself? I never understood why he never got another opportunity based on that game.....

Corey Coleman just officially got put on notice!

https://youtu.be/LwiBW6j80kI

https://youtu.be/eG1t2oDYZHU

1 hour ago, Bucketheadsdad said:

https://247sports.com/nfl/cleveland-browns/Bolt/Browns-sign-Jeff-Janis-Drew-Stanton-116851127?utm_source=247Sports Newsletter&utm_medium=Newsletter&utm_campaign=180330_121115_Cleveland Browns Newsletter&utm_content=Link&liveconnect=C9-6D-13-39-96-59-61-FE-7D-FA-0B-06-78-87-95-79180330_121115ClevelandBrownsNewsletter

A name that always showed up in GB's special teams units.  Only a handful of receptions in his career.  Pretty sure he ran a very fast 40 at the combine a while back.  

On a side note, my niece is also an alum of the hotbed of football that is Saginaw Valley State University.

I believe their full name is Saginaw valley state University of heating and air repair.

45 minutes ago, jfinley88 said:

best gunner i've ever watched. zero exaggeration in saying that. crazy good. i dont know the snap numbers, but pretty sure GB just didn't really give him a chance at WR. 

I’d rather he just stay as a gunner then rather than trying to force him into being our 4th WR. 

What I don’t get is, if he has great speed, and honestly great size which is obvious, and huge production in college (even if it was a small school), then why did he fall to round 7, and why hasn’t he really gotten a **** at wr for the packers?

3 hours ago, NudeTayne said:

This video got me hyped, boy-ee! Jordy 2.0 here we come.

At the risk of sounding overly biased, you SHOULD be hyped about Janis. I will say this. I have been watching pro football for over 50 years now. (Cue up the old fart jokes).I just cannot deny what I see with my own two eyes. All this kid needs is a chance. He'll do the rest.

To be perfectly honest, he reminds me of Joe Jurevicious, but with more speed and better deep ball skills. And that ain't bad.

I will be stunned if he is not starting for us this year. In fact, he is the reason I think the Browns will package Corey Coleman and either 33 or 35 to move back into the later first round for either, Mike McGlinchey, Connor Williams, or Kolton Miller.

18 minutes ago, brooks1957 said:

At the risk of sounding overly biased, you SHOULD be hyped about Janis. I will say this. I have been watching pro football for over 50 years now. (Cue up the old fart jokes).I just cannot deny what I see with my own two eyes. All this kid needs is a chance. He'll do the rest.

To be perfectly honest, he reminds me of Joe Jurevicious, but with more speed and better deep ball skills. And that ain't bad.

I will be stunned if he is not starting for us this year. In fact, he is the reason I think the Browns will package Corey Coleman and either 33 or 35 to move back into the later first round for either, Mike McGlinchey, Connor Williams, or Kolton Miller.

I've followed the Packers (they were my first serious team--am from near the Oregon/California border so no clear team) and loved when they got Janis. I thought he was going to start. I really am hyped. I still don't want to sell Coleman for pennies, though. IMO Coco has still not had his shot yet due to the unrelated random injuries. I personally would hate to trade a young first round receiver. Honestly, I could see us being set at WR if we keep Hollywood. Otherwise, I'm thinking we draft one WR at some point, probably middle rounds or late. I still see a trade up possibly happening, but please not Corey, I hope.

Archived