GB connection continues...Browns add WR Jeff Janis

Bucketheadsdad

4 hours ago, bosko1616 said:

Seriously depending on the money this is could be a huge Steal. 

My guess is that we got him for around the league minimum. What I really want to know is the duration of the contract. If it's one of those 1 year/$1.5 million contracts, I'd actually be kind of pissed. He's too young to be signing to a one-year deal because if he does well here, he will price himself out immediately and become a free agent because we aren't going to franchise him after 1 Year. I hope it's for at least 3 years, to be honest, something like 3/7.5 with an easy out after year one if he flops.

4 hours ago, NudeTayne said:

This video got me hyped, boy-ee! Jordy 2.0 here we come.

Not gonna lie, guy looks like a good player, stumped as to why they did not really give him a chance or why they are letting him go after losing Nelson.  I hope he can be great for us.  Keep bringing in football players Dorsey!  The cleansing continues!

6 hours ago, DizzyDean said:

What I don’t get is, if he has great speed, and honestly great size which is obvious, and huge production in college (even if it was a small school), then why did he fall to round 7, and why hasn’t he really gotten a **** at wr for the packers?

when he did a chance, i know there was a few times he messed up on assignments. also had 2 really terrible drops in the span of like 2 games. coaching staff couldn't trust him. but they also didn't really give a long leash at all.

i like giving him a chance as your 4th/5th wide out and see if he can maybe put it together now in a new situation. even though the green bay situation was good for him. i dunno. doesn't really matter, anything he gives you on offense is just extra. 

28 minutes ago, jfinley88 said:

when he did a chance, i know there was a few times he messed up on assignments. also had 2 really terrible drops in the span of like 2 games. coaching staff couldn't trust him. but they also didn't really give a long leash at all.

i like giving him a chance as your 4th/5th wide out and see if he can maybe put it together now in a new situation. even though the green bay situation was good for him. i dunno. doesn't really matter, anything he gives you on offense is just extra. 

True, but some of the best WRs to ever set foot on the field have had drops issues, TO comes to mind.  Our WR depth is not nearly as deep as GB's in recent years, we will see.

Great reply NT. I agree with your philosophy of not wanting to trade young talent for pennies on the dollar. That is not good business eight days out of seven every week. But......

I look to Dorsey's track record in Kansas City. I look to the fact we have Alonzo Highsmith and Eliot Wolf , who may know a thing or two about franchise building, in key roles in our front office now. I look at the first key moves this front office made: They emphatically dismissed Kenny Britt, they traded for Juice, they traded for Tyrod .......

Dorsey recognizes that success in today's NFL is through the air. These moves were clearly designed to give CPR to a flatlining passing attack. Then yesterday, we have an "under the radar" signing of Jeff Janis, who for reasons known only to God was not given a fair shot at WR in Green Bay. Our passing attack is so much better now than it was just a month ago.

Bottom line, I believe in this front office and trust them to "get it right". So, if they think it will be better for the Browns long to include Corey in a trade - I am signing off an that puppy yesterday.

Lastly, you mentioned that the Packers were your "first". Mine too. I was a lad of 8 years old - and we went to my aunt's house to watch the 1965 NFL Championship Game - IN COLOR!!! (Yup - I are AARP material). Even though my uncle and I were cheering for Jim Brown in his last game, seeing those green and gold uniforms left quite the impression. The die was cast at that point - I was to be a football fan for life.

11 hours ago, brooks1957 said:

Great reply NT. I agree with your philosophy of not wanting to trade young talent for pennies on the dollar. That is not good business eight days out of seven every week. But......

I look to Dorsey's track record in Kansas City. I look to the fact we have Alonzo Highsmith and Eliot Wolf , who may know a thing or two about franchise building, in key roles in our front office now. I look at the first key moves this front office made: They emphatically dismissed Kenny Britt, they traded for Juice, they traded for Tyrod .......

Dorsey recognizes that success in today's NFL is through the air. These moves were clearly designed to give CPR to a flatlining passing attack. Then yesterday, we have an "under the radar" signing of Jeff Janis, who for reasons known only to God was not given a fair shot at WR in Green Bay. Our passing attack is so much better now than it was just a month ago.

Bottom line, I believe in this front office and trust them to "get it right". So, if they think it will be better for the Browns long to include Corey in a trade - I am signing off an that puppy yesterday.

Lastly, you mentioned that the Packers were your "first". Mine too. I was a lad of 8 years old - and we went to my aunt's house to watch the 1965 NFL Championship Game - IN COLOR!!! (Yup - I are AARP material). Even though my uncle and I were cheering for Jim Brown in his last game, seeing those green and gold uniforms left quite the impression. The die was cast at that point - I was to be a football fan for life.

About Janis, not sure how reliable, but I read that he did not have the trust of the coaches or Rodgers due to drops and due to running the wrong routes is why he was not really given a chance.

8 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Janis is supposedly a phenomenal special teams player. He will be that “6th man.”

So lets just assume for now CC stays. We need a 4th and 5th guy.

I love the Janis signing, with Cribbs on our staff now, could be the next Cribbs.  That said, I hope that this guy can get a shot at WR too just to see, that size and speed combination is ideal.  I could see him in the role that they had slotted for Pryor.  I really want Landry and Coleman sharing the slot, when we need to catch up and move the ball quickly, put Coleman in to be another deep threat when we need to control the clock and move the chains have Landry in there.  I think we are close to having this type of personnel to do this, Gordon if right is good in both the short and deep game, Njoku and Duke great in the move the chains passing game.  We just need another opposite of Gordon that is big and fast and can be good in both facets of the game.

Archived